Status
Not open for further replies.

Techmastro

Journeyman
Hi guys,
We have a 8 port hub through which we use to do networking for general file sharing.
All of us uses WIN XP pro. Now I want to restrict access to my PC to selected ones only.How can i do this??
Moreover we recently got a broadband connection which is implemented through lan system.Now i want to share that connetion using the same hub/switch but only betwween three of us.
Is there any software available.
How this can be done . Please help

sunny0384

Broken In
ok i can slove urs prb, i.e restricted access 2 ur pc is done in n ways :
1:> u can apply ipsecurity in urs network connection prop, also explained in the help center of xp and secondly
u can first remove simple file sharing from folder options,it will then ask users to type pass 4 login. the pass will be urs current login name and password.

u can this facility also 2 share boardband connection bet the 3 users.

there r N no of methods also 4 restricting access to ur pc on network hidden in windows, try exploring them..............

sunny0384

Broken In
ok i can slove urs prb, i.e restricted access 2 ur pc is done in n ways :
1:> u can apply ipsecurity in urs network connection prop, also explained in the help center of xp and secondly
u can first remove simple file sharing from folder options,it will then ask users to type pass 4 login. the pass will be urs current login name and password.

u can this facility also 2 share boardband connection bet the 3 users.

there r N no of methods also 4 restricting access to ur pc on network hidden in windows, try exploring them..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom