Networking Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

antoniobc

Broken In
I've connected 2 computers via a lan cable! One computer is directly connected to my modem for broadband via a usb cable, that is the computer I'm typing this thread from! This internet connection is working! The other computer is supposed to connect to the net through this computer and also access files that are on this computer!

I have Windows XP Professional on both these computers.
Have run "Set up Home/Office Network" wizzard on both computers. First on this one, then on the other!
I have shared all the partitions and external hardware on this computer on the network
Tried turning the firewall on and off with no luck

THE PROBLEM: The other computer doesn't display any web pages, and cannot access files on this computer! In My Network places the other computer doesnt show any components of this computer!

THE ERROR MESSAGE: I get the same message on both computers when I try to access the other. "\\"Computer Name" is not accessible. You do not have permissions to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions."

NEED HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
check whether the Modem is allowed to share the internet connection to other computer on the network

OP
antoniobc

antoniobc

Broken In
Thanks guys! Both Internet Sharing were enabled and the modem is allowed sharing the connection. I fiddled around, asked an engineer and he said the prob was cause I didnt have passwds set on either comps. So after setting the passwords on both computers and re-defining the DNS numbers on the guest computer using the internet from the server the Networked systems are finally working!

Anyways Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom