Network Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheusv6

Journeyman
How do I automatically enable and disable network connection at a particular time using Task Sceduler?
Is there a batch file to do that?

I have windows XP Professional liscenced version SP2, Zone alarm Free firewall.

Can I use Zone alarm to block and unblock internet activity at particular periods of time?

47shailesh

Security Exp
get *channel9.msdn.com/Photos/ZippedFiles/158556_ToggleNic.zip

and use Windows Scheduler to schedule the the invocation of ToggleNic.exe to enable and disable ur n\w

shantanu

Technomancer
OFFTOPIC :: i cant rep two persons : codename_romeo and 47 shailesh why ?? after repping 47shailesh i repped 13 guys , but after that also the same message. (for spreading rep first , before repping again)

OP
morpheusv6

morpheusv6

Journeyman
47shailesh said:
get *channel9.msdn.com/Photos/ZippedFiles/158556_ToggleNic.zip

and use Windows Scheduler to schedule the the invocation of ToggleNic.exe to enable and disable ur n\w

Thanks Shailesh.

Repped you.

Posted a tutorial do the same.

anand.expert

Broken In
morpheusv6 said:
How do I automatically enable and disable network connection at a particular time using Task Sceduler?
Is there a batch file to do that?

I have windows XP Professional liscenced version SP2, Zone alarm Free firewall.

Can I use Zone alarm to block and unblock internet activity at particular periods of time?

If ur using the Win Xp SP2 version and that also a genuine one then the windows already have the tools to configure your windows to stop or allow any traffic from ur network.

In the Support Tools of ur Program Files folder residing in ur root directory u will see the file named IPSeccmd.exe.

If it is installed then u can configure the tools which is called IPSec(Internet Protocal Security).

U can have a better knowledge of it by reading the topic provided as the link below.By using this tools u can specifically block or enable a particular port as well.

*support.microsoft.com/kb/813878

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom