network attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Well, how about relax :)
Since Avast blocked the IP, you don't need to be worried, at least for now.

As for the DCOM Exploit, check out this page:
*www2.montana.edu/desktop/rpc.htm

OP
M

magnet

Youngling
thks for the reply.........but wht shd i do..i hAv software to check troj hunter ports and all.......is the guy personally doing so..or is some virus frm his site???

saROMan

QA Juggler
looks like u dont have Firewall get one right now....u can go 4 Zonealarm ..its good ...also visit *www.hackerwatch.org/..and get a Port scan to see about any Port exploits....also go to Whois.net and see if u can get any info about the IP addy....it may or may not be Desparate Attack from the IP..so best use firewall to b safe....

Nimda

l33t n00b!
magnet said:
thks for the reply.........but wht shd i do..i hAv software to check troj hunter ports and all.......is the guy personally doing so..or is some virus frm his site???
Can't tell, maybe that guy is doing a general port scan for detecting vulnerable IP's, who knows?

Get ZoneAlarm and stay protected.

anomit

In the zone
Nothing to worry. These are skiddies scouring the net for open ports. But you should rather check your system for spyware as they are also known to cause such exploits. for eg. the W32.RBot

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
As correctly pointed out by naveen, Zone alarm ll solve ur probs. I use broadband. Myriads of intrusion attempts are made daily from other computers of our local network and Zone alarm blocks them all. For the past 2 years I have never had a problem. Zone Alarm is freeware and available in Digit cds. Though I use the pro version, the free version ll also do the work. It also duz nt allow many spywares 2 connect online.

anomit

In the zone
lol man.......
All comps in ur network are not stupid that they would take a crack at ur sys. Most of the alerts that ZoneAlarm gives when option is enabled refers to the various signal noises.

And where did u get the avatar from???????

mediator

Technomancer
Hey no need to worry at all dude!
These r scans, by scans i mean NORMAL SCANS BY UR ISP FREAK! They do like hourly or may be minutes this to ensure that their network is safe and clean!
If u r using dial up then there is 0 % and if ur some fixed ip then 2-3 % and if ur on some DSL which gates u thru ur ISP's IP then aproximately 0% probablity that some freak is phreakin on u!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom