Nero Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
1.When I open some nero files .. Or CD Image they open in burning rom not in Nero Express.

2. also .. whenever we open a file with nero
(by right click > open with> nero)
it again not opens in Nero Express

3. Lastly .. this cr@py file always comes up on desktop :evil:
when I use Nero
*img206.imageshack.us/img206/9673/userimages6cr.png
Name: UserImages.bmp

btw I have Nero 7.0.1.2

legolas

Padawan
roxio??? its a memory lover!!! even if i installed, it starts 2 processes runnin there in and if i stop them, it wudnt run any program!! it may be good.. but takes in tooooo much of memory, however, nero 7 is no way different from it! :D nero 6 is just fine. my option wud be ashampoo burning software., its simple and toooo good.

reg. your problem to make NERO EXPRESS default, under the NERO START SMART screen, scroll your mouse over the option say "create data DVD", donot click it.. now on the left side u wud get "open with nero burning ROM" or something like that.. there wil be a drop down box where u can select nero express an keep it default. however it only works default for this data DVD.... u can do similarly i think. atleast this is wat i do coz i use only DVDs and seldome burn as videos..

/legolas

ishaan

Padawan
no dude i got roxio easy cd & dvd creator 5 n i burn CDs on it wile playing san andreas at the same time!

mebe the later versions r memory hoggers but 5 is pretty good

oh and i gave ashampoo a try...its realy awesum thanks a lot legolas i think this is the best burning software ive ever seen....and their latest version is all ready with blu-ray support!

its really amazin and only 6mb!

C

cybermanas

@mobilegeek
I have Nero 6.BTW ,u can try this.
Go to Nero StartSmart.
Then under Copy and Backup section,u will find " Burn Image to disc".On getting focus,in the left hand side u will see "opens with Nero Burning ROM".Change it to Nero Express.Problem solved.
*img233.imageshack.us/img233/2097/nero9us.th.jpg

OP
mobilegeek

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks guys .. but I changes that .. but .cue Image file opens in burning rom

and Secondly .. have you guys see this image on desktop

Andyiz

Journeyman

Even i had the Same problem the foresaid image is irritating me also

It seems there is a problem with Nero 7.0.1.2

It must be noted that the image file appears only after Nero is started.

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
Interestingly, this image is in My Documents folder in my system. It is always there, and not in the Desktop. I also use Nero 7 ultra.
For the first Q, there is no problem in opening them in Nero main program, you can then switch to nero express by clicking on its icon in main window for comfort. Nero means comfort.

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
Because you have Nero Ultra man. Remove the Ultra key and add the old OEM key or Nero Express key(I dont know it works with 7, but it definetely work with 6.)

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
YEAH !!!!!

The image keeps coming back to My Documents folder.
I delete it and then whenever I use Nero....It reappears in the same location !

WHY is it so ?

::vicky::

In the zone
@mobilegeek u open nero xpress and when u will again open it will run in the last mode it was this was tyhe answer of ur first 2 question

and the thiurd one is that there is a startup program in ur msconfig disable it try it & tell me

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Re: Reply

Andyiz said:
Even i had the Same problem the foresaid image is irritating me also

It seems there is a problem with Nero 7.0.1.2

It must be noted that the image file appears only after Nero is started.
Same here :?

Kniwor

Learner
mobilegeek said:
1.When I open some nero files .. Or CD Image they open in burning rom not in Nero Express.

2. also .. whenever we open a file with nero
(by right click > open with> nero)
it again not opens in Nero Express

3. Lastly .. this cr@py file always comes up on desktop :evil:
when I use Nero
Name: UserImages.bmp

btw I have Nero 7.0.1.2

about ur original question...

just preass the revert or recycle type of looking key in nero startsmart... then there will be a list of tasks and below that will be open with

for ex select ¨Erase CD¨ and then below select nero express..
do this for all apps u want.. and then revert again, this will save changes..

BTW why do u want to use express... nero burning rom is better

OP
mobilegeek

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Changing the setting doesnt change that ..I think nero is not taking .CUE file as image just opening it in burning rom ..
I just use it in nero burning rom or open it in nero expess ..as per need

for the image .. Thats basically the problem

Thats actually acurring bcoz of Nero.exe .. it has nothing to do with changing startup in msconfig

I thought it could be a virus but its not
This file is generated by Nero 7.0 .. you cant do much about it.

there is a quote in another thread by navjotsingh .. lets see if that can help.
--> Here

navjotjsingh said:
I don't think this is a solution as it will still not help in deleting the file!

I think this one is better
this may sound extremely stupid, but there doesn't seem to be any sort of fix on the net until nero updates and hopefully gets rid of it.

but my idea, is to run nero from a cmd file then after nero exits have it delete the userimages.bmp file.

i don't have nero but the cmd file would look something like this.. note that you have to change the path of nero, as i don't know the location of the exe.

For the My Documents:

start /wait C:\progra~1\nero\nero.exe
cd %userprofile%\my documents\
del userimage.bmp
exit

For the Desktop:

start /wait C:\progra~1\nero\nero.exe
cd %userprofile%\desktop\
del userimage.bmp
exit

name the cmd file nero.cmd and place it in your nero folder and change your shortcut to point to the cmd file insted of the nero.exe file.

hope this helps. it should delete the userimage after nero is exited.
Source: *www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t60522.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom