Nero Problems ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pragna

Broken In
Hello Friends

I think i am having too much problems these days in my computer.

My name is Pragna,I am having some problem with my Nero Burning software Ver 7.5.9.

If i am writing a CD,it writes beautifully wit the correct speed and in the due time....

But the problem arises when i am writing a DVD,especially a Video-DVD or Movie-DVD,the compilation and everything takes place good,even the writing of the DVD is also good,but it writes for almost 1 hour - 1 DVD or sometimes more than that.

This problem occurs if i put any Blank DVD's,like Sony,Moser Baer

I do not know why my DVD writer which is LG Internal Super Multi DVD Writer 20x 8.5Gb
Everytime i write a Video-DVD it takes too much amount of time to write it and with the frequent powercuts,i am not able to write single movie and simply wasting on Blank DVD's

Could U please help me in solving this problem ? ?

My Computer config is

AMD Athlon 64 Bit Processor 3000+ 1.8 GHz
MSI RS480M2-IL
512 MB RAM
160 GB Hard Disk
Microsoft Windows XP 5.1(With service pack 2)

Thanks

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hello Friends
Hi

I think i am having too much problems these days in my computer.
Ya i saw on with "windows XP tag" psoted by u...:D

My name is Pragna
Ya we can see dat from ur user name profile...:mrgreen:

But the problem arises when i am writing a DVD,especially a Video-DVD or Movie-DVD,the compilation and everything takes place good,even the writing of the DVD is also good,but it writes for almost 1 hour - 1 DVD or sometimes more than that.
Have u tried burning a Data DVD....or ISO DVD

Could U please help me in solving this problem ? ?
i can try but cannot promise....:rolleyes:

AMD Athlon 64 Bit Processor 3000+ 1.8 GHz
MSI RS480M2-IL
512 MB RAM
160 GB Hard Disk
Microsoft Windows XP 5.1(With service pack 2)
No...problem with config...it good :D

Now let me summarize the steps:
1.Try Burning a Data DVD(or ISO DVD)
2.Defrag ur hard drive @least a month
3.Try Latest version of Nero...such as nero 8
4.Upgrade DVD writer firmware (quite risky)
5.Always Burn with little slow speed..or select the autodetection max speed option in
nero...
6.Use Disk @ once option instead of track @ once
7.Use Len Cleaner
8.If u still have the warranty call the LG customer support abt ur problem..dats the last alternative :mrgreen:

U r welcome...always 8)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
[offtopic]
Karan :D Are you by any chance copying my style of replying to low post count users? :D If so, I dont hold any copyrights, so copy away! :D
[/offtopic]

Ontopic, try this -
*svp.co.uk/helpdesk/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=15

OP
P

Pragna

Broken In
Thanks Karan & Dheeraj

So having a duel in my post....Good

Thanks for the suggestion Karan,i will try to write a Data-DVD and see if the same problem persists and also think of the other changes to be done.I will right now download Nero 8 and also make sure i defragment my hard disk.

As for as the writer,i bought it recently 2 months before....i changed my old DVD writer for the same reason,thinking that it has used up too much.

Thanks

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ Did you try the link I gave you, since it doesnt harm your comp in any case. It just resets the DMA to the default setting, if it was changed.

Most Wanted

In a New flavour
[offtopic]
Karan :D Are you by any chance copying my style of replying to low post count users? :D If so, I dont hold any copyrights, so copy away! :D
[/offtopic]

Ontopic, try this -
*svp.co.uk/helpdesk/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=15

Lolz style.

vishald

Broken In
When you try to write a DVD from files it converts the files to .vob which is a DVD format. Hence first the converting takes place and then writing.
As you know converting always takes time.
Try burning a data dvd and check.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Nope....i dont remember any of ur style..it depends on my mood of writing...:cool:

vishald said:
When you try to write a DVD from files it converts the files to .vob which is a DVD format. Hence first the converting takes place and then writing.

+1 for this...which i forgot 2 mention....:rolleyes:

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
Try burning a data dvd and check.

This is her problem.

Beta Waves

Journeyman
You can reset DMA manually or use the tool suggested by Dheeraj. To reset manually Follow this

Open device manager and look for IDE channel .. right click on primary and secondary IDE channels and select properties. in that click on advanced settings and see if the transfer mode is set to PIO. If it is change it back to DMA.

Most often this wont work because windows will disable DMA permanently when it encounters serious errors while reading or writing. So better right click an the channel and select uninstall and Reboot the system windows will automatically install with new proper settings. It will be set to DMA.

And also see what type of DVD you are using is it DVD-R or DVD+R. Some Drives don't support DVD+R or has some issues while burning DVD+R. So if you are trying DVD+R , try DVD-R.

OP
P

Pragna

Broken In
Hello Friends....

Thanks for all your replies....

And Gurujee...Let me tell U,i am a boy and not a girl....yeah i know it sounds like one....

I went to the website downloaded the DMA reset tool and i will check on it again.

But as for Vishald....i usually convert all my video files using software's like Winavi or ConvertXtodvd and then only write it through Nero...So most of files would have already converted in to .vob files before writing.

I will check on the settings given by Beta waves and see how the writing speed will come up to.

Pragna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom