NERO Image Drive querry

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hi guys,
Well today i saw an Icon in my Control Panel saying Nero Image Drive. I double clicked it and it said "Enabling Nero Image Drive", after that i got this screen :

*images1.pictiger.com/images/46/0ea0ed3375615c4d637320f6a3575a46.jpg

So wat shud i do with this ?? wich box am i supposed to check ? and Wat does this Nero Image Drive does ? (is it jus for reading Images in ISO format) ?? please enlighten me guys....

Cheers n e-peace......

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Nero Image Drive loads a CD Image as a Virtual Drive, which you can use just like a normal CD Drive (like Alcohol 120%, VirtualCD etc).

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
lywyre wrote:
Nero Image Drive loads a CD Image as a Virtual Drive, which you can use just like a normal CD Drive (like Alcohol 120%, VirtualCD etc).
Can u please tell me How to use this feature, Example: i play many games using the CD like NHL 2003 and many more, so wat shud i do so that i dnt hv to use the CD any more. (please giv me a step by step info abt it) as im a complete novice to this :? :?

patelviren wrote:
first drive
check
then u get 1 image drive
Yaa i got a drive known as DVD DRIVE ( I: ) in My Computer. Do i hv to check other options also ?? like 2nd drive and mount images at startup ?? wat are those options for ?? :?

Waiting for ur replies guys....

Cheers n e-peace.....

kato

Karthiksn
See if u have any ISO file then u can mount it on the drive enabling a drive in nero image drive then u will see another tab in the nero image drive option named first drive in tha tbrowse and mount the ISO file.
ISO file is the exact copy of the original CD or DVD u can have any ISO file to test it.
Linux distros are ISO files if u download from net so u can try them on in this virtual drive too

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
kato wrote:
See if u have any ISO file then u can mount it on the drive enabling a drive in nero image drive then u will see another tab in the nero image drive option named first drive in tha tbrowse and mount the ISO file.
ISO file is the exact copy of the original CD or DVD u can have any ISO file to test it.
Linux distros are ISO files if u download from net so u can try them on in this virtual drive too
So u mean to say that Firstly i hv to make a ISO file (image) of any game that i wish to play (without the CD) RITE ?? :? , Then i will hv to clik the First drive tab in the NERO imagedrive and browse for the game (ISO image) file and then clik on Load.

I hope im posting rite !! Please guide me if i hv posted rite..I will make an Image of a particular game CD and mount it as u hv said and post my results. :)

BTW, do tell me, If for example I hv 3 CDs (for any game) then do i hv to mount all the 3 ISO Image files onto the NERO Image drive or only One will suffice?? If yes, then wich of those 3 CDs Image shud be mounted? (according to me it shud be the last CD wich is reqd to play the game) rite ! :? And will i hv to mount the ISO image (of a game) everytime i play the game ??? (just as we pop in the CD everytime to play a game?) :?

Cheers n e-peace..

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
can sum1 tell me what is The version of Ner Image Drive In Nero7.
cn sum1 be kind enough to give the links for a trial version. pardon me if i have written something wrong.

kato

Karthiksn
@mangal pandey Its version 3.0.0.3 in nero 7 i guess u wont get seprately also check their site for trial of nero7

@ashu u r rite fully the only thing is u have to load the image of the CD required to play the game (in most case the last CD but only after u install the game in ur computer) and yeah u got to load it everytime u want to play the game but it is much better than putting the CD and doing it.

Also i guess u may have to install the game from ISO files only coz if i m rite then ur game wont start if u installed the game through other CD drive and u use another CD drive to play the Game

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
kato wrote:
@ashu u r rite fully the only thing is u have to load the image of the CD required to play the game (in most case the last CD but only after u install the game in ur computer) and yeah u got to load it everytime u want to play the game but it is much better than putting the CD and doing it.
Thanx for ur reply bro :):) thanx alot.

kato wrote:
Also i guess u may have to install the game from ISO files only coz if i m rite then ur game wont start if u installed the game through other CD drive and u use another CD drive to play the Game
I will try this and post my results for the same :):) i guess, converting the Game file into an ISO file and follow the same procedures i.e: mounting the Image and extracting it using the NERO IMAGE DRIVE to a specified folder... :? Right ??

Cheers n e-peace....

kato

Karthiksn
Not extracting it actually u can say installing it from ur Virtual drive as u shouldnt extract it but u shud install it from teh virtual drive itself

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
kato wrote:
Not extracting it actually u can say installing it from ur Virtual drive as u shouldnt extract it but u shud install it from teh virtual drive itself
Yaa thanx bro, it worked :p , i created an Image of a Game CD, then with that Image, i mounted it onto the NERO IMAGE DRIVE, Installed the Game from its Image (into a specific folder) and now i play the game jus by Mounting the Image onto the NERO Image Drive and without the CD, yup it works.. thanx alot again :):)

:idea: Observation: I created 2 Image Drives ( I: and J: ) and mounted Images of a game as CD1 and CD2 (onto I: and J: resp), so by doin this, i was not prompted (by the installer program) to Insert my CD2, It took the Image from the 2nd Drive itself and continued the Installation.

:arrow: Advantage: The process of swapping the Image (loading the image by removing the previous image) was not required.Load up time (of game or s/ware) is vastly improved.

I dnt knw how many of u guys knw it, but this was my observation and a Tip for those who dnt knw. :):)

Again, all thanx to kato :) for guiding me the right way.

Cheers n e-peace.....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
vinaypatel wrote:
*trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/download_120.php

use it

sorry for my spell mis.
Vinay, its a Trial version :( cant i get any full (permanent version) of Alcohol120 ?? Also, will this s/ware support my Nero Images ??? :?
From where can i find full (downloadable) version of Nero 6 Ultra edition (wich also contains Nero Image Drive)

Cheers n e-peace.....

Sourabh

Laptoping
Use Daemon Tools, total freeware but the latest version is an adware if you select to be it so during setup. You can deselect it if you dont want an adware. For mounting purposes, it supports all major formats.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Sourabh wrote:
Use Daemon Tools, total freeware but the latest version is an adware if you select to be it so during setup. You can deselect it if you dont want an adware. For mounting purposes, it supports all major formats.
Can u giv me the Link for the Freeware version of Daemon Tools, it will be very much useful.. :)

Cheers n e-peace.....

kato

Karthiksn
*www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=Download&id=81

Thats the link to version 4.0.3 I think its the latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom