Nero does'nt start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaurav

In the zone
Hi all,
I am using nero reloaded 6.6.1.4. i am not able to execute nero and nero express from start menu. I am able to use nero through startsmart only. Does anyone have a work around for this problem., been looking for the solution to this problem, but could'nt find working one. help......... thanks

hermit

Journeyman
u NEED to reinstall program

as Nero express / Burning rom path is c:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Core

and NERO smart path is c:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero StartSmart

so urs c:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Core is missing .

try another version or reinstall will solve u r problem .

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
No reinstall does'nt solved the problem and man I am using v6.6.1.4 of nero. Nero 7 has more bugs then its predecessor. Also the error appears again when i extract the original file from the setup package of nero using winRAR.
help any body having similar problem and workaround for this. thanks

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
If you can't access Nero through the Start menu. you can create a shortcut(link)
(in the desktop) to the Nero application (say Nero Express) that you want to load.
You can also activate the Start menu by pressing the 'Start' key if your keyboard
has it. If your Nero is genuine, you can register it and get the updates. That may
fix some bugs.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
JGuru said:
If you can't access Nero through the Start menu. you can create a shortcut(link)
(in the desktop) to the Nero application (say Nero Express) that you want to load.
You can also activate the Start menu by pressing the 'Start' key if your keyboard
has it. If your Nero is genuine, you can register it and get the updates. That may
fix some bugs.
What r u saying man. What diff is achieved by clicking start menu and hitting start key.
gaurav, wat sort of error r u getting.
Workaround: start nero startsmart then nero express and quit startsmart. hehe

src2206

In the zone
Hi buddy,
Best solution : Get RID of the crap named Nero. There are many other tools available [both free & paid].

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
casanova said:
What r u saying man. What diff is achieved by clicking start menu and hitting start key.
gaurav, wat sort of error r u getting.
Workaround: start nero startsmart then nero express and quit startsmart. hehe

When i try to open nero I get an error message "Nero executable file was modified may be your PC is infected by a virus, scan your computer for viruses, uninstall nero and do a complete install from the original CD"

I scanned with AVG v7.1 and no viruses was found.
Nero is the culprit.

src2206

In the zone
Pal,
Why are you so attached to Nero? There are so many other!
NTI CD&DVD-Maker 7 Platinum Edition- this is a very good software and provides almost all features of Nero. You may like to try this.

Many like me you will find who simply uninstalled NERO and felt greatly releived :).

If you are interested in a Free One go for CD Burner XP Pro- completely free :)

Last edited:

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I aslo got the same error once, but reinstallation fixed it. After u uninstall make a reboot and perform a reg clean n then reinstall

Vivek788

In the zone
Well,i got similr trouble with nero burning ROm of Nero 7 ultra edition.Only he express part works..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom