Nero Burning ROM error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaurav

In the zone
ever since i installed nero 6.6.0.15a on my pc it shows following message in a dialog box, when i try to run Nero from start menu shortcut folder. The error doesnot occur when i execute nero from STARTSMART application.

"The Nero executable file was modified! Maybe your PC is infected by computer virus! We would recommend to use the latest antivirus software to check your PC. If no viruses are found , please do a full uninstall of Nero and reinstall fom the original Nero CD."

I have scanned my PC twice using AVG professional 7.0.338. and no viruses were found during scan. I also did full uninstall and then install of nero but it did'nt help.
I deleted the original nero.exe from the nero installation directory and then extracted the same file from nero setup package using winrar, and this time nero ran properly, but after reboot it again showed the same error.

does anybody have any idea why is this happening.
using winxp sp2 professional. pentium III 750 MHZ, ASUS CD Writer 52x, and nero 6.6.0.15

sba

Journeyman
Uninstall Nero and delete all the folders related to Ahead/Nero. If you are comfortable with editing registry then clean registry entries as well. Now, reboot and reinstall.
During reinstall, Nero should ask you about its antivirus plugin. I don't know if it comes under typical install or not but you can trying going for an advanced or custom install (which ever is there). Don't install this plugin. This thing is the culprit for what you are experiencing. Also in msconfig, see if there is anything named "nerocheck.exe" starting at boot-up.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well get u self the nero clean up tool... run it to clean all the registry entry regarding nero.. then install the fresh copy...

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
tell you what i have a Sony DVD Writer, i have upgraded the software & installed Nero 6.6.016 & Nero Vision Exprss 3.0.16 from downloaded from Neros Website. From that time onwards i havent been able to write a single DVD. i dont know what the problen is but i have uninstalled the newer version & gone back to the older version. now i can write DVDs.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
me too, i get errors since installin 6.6...
Check this for my problem :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26143

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
nero ver6 have this problem.. while the 5.5 works fine
i have both.. but i still use 5.5.
what's wrong with the ver6?

expertno.1

Technomancer
notjing wron with the version six

geth this version

"nero reloaded 6.6.0.1"