Nero 8.3.6.0 bundled comes up with AdTool.Win32.MyWebSearch.bm in Kaspersky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I tried this 2 times already & always keep getting this alert in Kaspersky stating that "riskware:not-a-virus:AdTool.Win32.MyWebSearch.bm"

What the hell is this? Does anyone have Nero 8 installed & has got such notification.I researched a bit on the internet & found that this is an adware which is not that big a threat.Can someone tell me if it's safe to install this? I have never encountered a single Adware in any Nero installation so far.I just want to get this over with.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Nope just plain demo to try out.BTW it's only a 15 day trial.

*www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/Nero-8.shtml

If you read at the bottom it does state Adware included.I installed it & deleted the temp folder created during Nero's install process which had this toolbar executable file.Just wanted to know if anyone else installed this program & faced similar notification.I know Kaspersky has many false threats too but just wanted to make sure this won't cause any issues.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Even Google Desktop Search is a adware.From point of view of internet security - any data that is sent by a software to its server is thought to be as adware/trojan.You have to verify the authenticity of the software. You can trust Google Desktop.Similarly you can also trust Nero8.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
even i faced the same problem when i went to install it. then i decided not to go ahead with it. dont know if its safe or not.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I installed it with much hesitation.So far so good.I can live with Adware but Spyware is out of the question.While installing all I did was uncheck the option which said "Install Nero 8 with MyWebToolbar" & it did the trick.The rest I could manually remove from the temp folder.I'll run a full check of my system again & let's see if any traces are found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom