I have burnt some data files using Nero 6.6 however I found after burning
them they are all Read-Only.How can I burn the fiels so
that their original attributes remain intact,

Please somebody help.

My computer - P4,256 RAM,80GB HDD. OS - Win XP SP2

Rajeev Chavan

Gaurav

In the zone
what u have to do with the attributes of the file, anyways file burned onto a CD are given default readonly attribute

OP
R

rajeevchavan

Broken In
Hi Gaurav
I have to maky changes to the files burnt after copying them on to other computer.Pls advice how can I do that.
Rajeev Chavan

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
You cant make files on a CD be non-read-only. But if u have admin privliges of the 'other' comp, try to go into the file's properties and change its permissions after copying it onto the HDD...

OP
R

rajeevchavan

Broken In
Hi Qwerty Maniac
Have burnt about 1000 files and imagine my plight if I have to change attributes of each and every file.I find it strange that file should turn to read only mode after being burnt.There must be some alternative.Is this uniqe to Nero 6.6 or all CD burning softwares do so. ? What about earlier version of Nero ?
Pls advice
Rajeev Chavan

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
There is no way a file on a CD be non-write-protected since a cd/dvd isnt a HDD to write/modify and erase/remove each file upon...

I told you, select all files, go to properties and change it, why do it individually :?

OP
R

rajeevchavan

Broken In
Hi Qwerty Magic
I did not know one could change attributes of files at one go.Thanks for showing me the way.I will do as advised by you.Many thanks once again
Rajeev Chavan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom