Nehalem to become Core i7 processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow2get

In the zone
*en.expreview.com/img/2008/08/08/intel-i7.jpg​
Intel have decided to brand Nehalem with a new name “Core i7″. That means no matter Bloomfield, Lynnfield, or Havendale will officially get their name.

There will be 3 Bloomfield to enter PC market later this year, and the 999USD top-of-the-line Bloomfield is the only Core i7 Extreme Edition processor current revealed.
All i7 processors and i7 Extreme Edition processor will be officially announced in Aug 11st, launch date set to Q4 this year.
Source

goobimama

 Macboy
Nice going Intel. I've had enough of trouble trying to explain it to people what the differences between Core Duo, Intel Dual Core and all the others put together, and now this. i7.

Nice going Intel. I've had enough of trouble trying to explain it to people what the differences between Core Duo, Intel Dual Core and all the others put together, and now this. i7.
Aren't you happy ? iAnything is always apple related right ? :p
Doesn't this mean the newer macs are surely going to be Nehalem i7 powered iMacs ? :lol:

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
^^Yes it is native quad. Even the hexacore 32 nm Westmere will have native hexa-core design. :eek: But since nehalem can boast upto 8 cores, I dunno whether that will be native or composed of 2 discrete quads on same wafer. :) This piece of news states that supposedly only Bloomfield (45 nm QC) will see the light of the day at launch. I am still excited about the octa-core version (Beckton), which I guess will only be unveiled as a server side proccy... anyways, way to go Intel; this represents another significant processor-architecture based complete overhaul by Intel.

Last edited:

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
I guess it's more or less P7, but if they bring back P, then people will ask where did the P5 and P6 go after P4? I guess they branded them as Dual Core and Core2.

So, instead of the P, it's an 'i' I guess, more like Intel7... P1.....P2.....P3.....P4.....%#$.....^$%*.....i7 :p

Native quad?
Yup. Imagine running quad core on a mac. Only the rich mac pro owners have had the privilage of doing so. So congratulations, you are going to experience quad two years after everyone else, but at the same time, do it with STYLE.
I guess it's more or less P7, but if they bring back P, then people will ask where did the P5 and P6 go after P4? I guess they branded them as Dual Core and Core2.

So, instead of the P, it's an 'i' I guess, more like Intel7... P1.....P2.....P3.....P4.....%#$.....^$%*.....i7 :p
What logic !!! :rolleyes::p:D

Kenshin

meowww meoww
i from the apple, 7 from windows 7, lol....

I rad somewhere it will be 4 cores and 4 virtual cores, as hyperthreaded stuff and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom