Need User Reviews on following Games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipen01

Youngling
Hey guys,

I need some reviews on following games. I'm kinda itching for games lately as havent played one since Bloodmoney and Pro Street. I googled/wikied and got some titles.

My main interest is - FPS,"Stealth",Strategy,Racing,Sports. I kinda avoid TPS but what the heck.

My fav games being - Hitman, Splinter Cell Series. (Steath being my most fav genre. Silent Assassin :D )

Anyways a month ago i got some recommendations on games but kinda got busy again so didnt get chance to try any of those.

So Games on my list are :-

Cold War
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Conflict: Denied Ops
Far Cry
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
Battlefield 2
Thief: Deadly Shadows

Frontlines: Fuel of War
Gears of War

Colin McRae: Dirt
FlatOut 2
GTR 2 - FIA GT Racing Game

So which of the above ones do i need to cancel off or which are some "Don't Miss" games that I'm missing. I havent been playing games since long times so i am not up to date with most of the releases. :)

Also I have never played any game from Commando Series. Do you guys think that its worth it and if it is. Which one should i play as in now with advanced graphics and gameplay i guess those games must not be that exciting?

And do i need to try any of the demos for the games above? Because getting a game and then finding out boring is a real waste of resources ;)

Btw my config - E6300, 7900 GS, 1 GB RAM (667)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Long list there pal.Anyway let me list down the games which I have played & could be recommended as per me.;)

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay: A game which you can't miss purely for it's visual beauty & for it's good storyline.I am currently playing that game at full blast.The sound,the setup & the voice overs are done brilliantly.This is just a run & gun FPS but it involves some stealth elements,hand-to-hand combats & conversational aspects.Overall highly recommended.

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men: I have said it before & I'll say it again.This game is brilliant.Regardless of what the reviews & controversies had labelled it,IMO this was the most entertaining game of 2007.The best part about playing this game is you feel you are a part of the movie.Bad part: The game is way too short.

Conflict: Denied Ops: Pure crap.Played it for sometime.Huge stutters,buggy audio & nothing new as far as gameplay is concerned.Ditch this with eyes closed.

Far Cry: Oh boy! I just finished this game 2 days back.Just like Jim Carey would say in Bruce Almighty "B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L":D This game is visually,a marvel.Most of the times you'll just be engrossed in the visual beauty of this game.Gameplay isn't anything new but beware the game is VERY & I repeat VERY tough.Even on easy level your butt would be pwnd easily.Plus it's very long.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas: The best squad based tactical shooter IMO.Very easy to adapt to & good if you are a fan of Tom Clancy's titles.

Gears of War: Awesome.I'm not sure if you like blasting alien creeps,but I do.:D Which is why this game is so darn good.Add to that the sound,the environment,the hide & take cover stuff,the weapons & the bosses.Everything seems so massive in this game.Don't miss this one.

Rest of the titles I haven't played it yet.Tried Colin McRae's Dirst for sometime but it went a bit too heavy on my system @1280x1024.Left it after that.Will try it later when I get my Evga 8800GT.;)

I guess you'll like Cold War.I wanted to get that game myself as it seemed much similar to the Hitman gameplay.I was a bit sceptical though as it had the almighty starforce protection.:mad: And I have a bad history with it.

Third Eye

gooby pls
Rainbow Vegas 2: If you like Vegas then you will like this too.

Colin Mcrae DiRT: Must play game before you die. :p

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
I would recommend you to definitely try Far Cry and Gears Of War. For Stealth games, dont miss out on Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell : Double Agent

bodyquest

Träît¤r$_¥ll_$üffêr
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay:-
recommended.....fantastic experience....superb atmosphere....VAN DIESEL rocked......cool graphics and lighting....addictive story line........MUST HAVE....replay value may depend upon u....but i played it and completed 4 time....

Far Cry:- this game gave birth to entirely new gaming experience that was not available to that date.....game play better then crysis.......toughest game to experience.....only few of those that give good outdoor exp.....other cool ones are:- stalker\crysis\GTA-SA\ASSESINS CREED

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas:- as a squad leader u guide 2 men\commandos....not a run and gun type game....u need time to plot tactices but enjoyable......MUST HAVE!

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 :- same as vegas but a little change in character movements.......but u will like it....currently playing......recommanded

Battlefield 2 = multiplayer = ESRB notice : GAME PLAY EXPERIENCE MAY CHANGE DURING ONLINE PLAY! :).

Thief: Deadly Shadows :- STEALTHY GAME ....but u may or may not like it......but i was a little bored....

Gears of War :- GO ahead and get it........

GTR 2 - FIA GT Racing Game :- simulation type of game u may tweak it to arcade type game play or....gt ur self a driving wheel to enjoy some real realistic exp....

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
Thanx a lot guys.. seems like i am gonna have to get all of above... although one by one :p

I am suprised... No Commandos fans ? :eek:

quan chi

mortal kombat
far cry.the initial boss fights were easy.but at the last level the fat boys were so irritating.somehow there is a technique to beat those creatures which after loosing many times i realised.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Hmmm..... Chronicles of Riddick.... should look into it........
FarCry.... is it worth playing if I already played Crysis?

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
If you like stealth and stuff, play Assassin's Creed.

This game is TPS... Max Payne was TPS right..? So is this similar to that..? Because it would be damn boring if there is stupid top view with it ?

Although FPS i much more entertaining but in some cases i dont mind Max Payne type rear cam too..

amitash

Intel OCer
assassins creed imo is the best game of 2008...it is tps but not like max payne much better tan tat...
@koolbluez farcry is worth playing even if uve played crysis but u wont enjoy it as much as crysis...

Stalker

Padawan
Dipen01 said:
My main interest is - FPS,"Stealth",Strategy,Racing,Sports. I kinda avoid TPS but what the heck.

My fav games being - Hitman, Splinter Cell Series. (Steath being my most fav genre. Silent Assassin :grin: )

Dipen01 said:
This game is TPS... Max Payne was TPS right..? So is this similar to that..? Because it would be damn boring if there is stupid top view with it ?
Although FPS i much more entertaining but in some cases i dont mind Max Payne type rear cam too..

Your favourite games : Hitman & Splinter Cell are TPS. :p
Although you can switch to a 1st person view in Hitman.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

It's not on the lines of Max Payne.Sure it shares the same view but both games are world apart.Assassin's Creed is more of a Prince of Persia style gameplay.It involves a good amount of stealth & sword based combat manoeuvres.The initial stages would be interesting but the gameplay gets very boring after a while.Your system will be taxed at higher resolutions though.

FarCry.... is it worth playing if I already played Crysis?
Of course it is.In fact I myself completed Crysis first out of curiosity & then completed Far Cry.Out of the two,Far Cry is miles tougher than Crysis could ever be.You have the advantage of cloaking in Crysis but here it's just the bushes,trees & rocks that you have to rely on to take cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom