Need ur valuable suggestions......

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilzdad

Broken In
I have decided to give seminar on dis topic: " BASH scripting ".
Time: 30 min
I have decided to divide it into two parts.

First part:Wat is linux (Ubuntu)?, The problems with windows, Advantages of linux, GNU project, GNU and linux together, Different flavors of linux and difference b\w them.

Second part:Introducing the BASH shell, Shell scripting, why write shell scripts,Things the shell is good at, Example, shell script concepts, shell variable,concept variables,environment variables, Quoting, conditionals.(Brief description for above topics)

so guys plz give me ur valuable suggestions regarding topic or any article......:)

Did u refer to the Fast Track on Linux...???
Was given with April 2006 Digit issue...
Do check it out...u ll sure get stuff for ur first part..

Then u always have Google...

Wish ya good luck :)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I think he knows more than fast track can cover. And tldp has better info than for shell scripting.

mediator

Technomancer
devilzdad said:
First part:Wat is linux (Ubuntu)?, The problems with windows, Advantages of linux, GNU project, GNU and linux together, Different flavors of linux and difference b\w them.
For that I guess people who have read about GNU project and experimented with diff linux distros can tell their experiences to ya. Most importantly "Open source and its advantages over closed source"!
U shud also see linux vs windows debate in FIGHT club.

devilzdad said:
Second part:Introducing the BASH shell, Shell scripting, why write shell scripts,Things the shell is good at, Example, shell script concepts, shell variable,concept variables,environment variables, Quoting, conditionals.(Brief description for above topics)
For this I guess u shud tell about "how UNIX worked earlier", "Virtual terminals that ape that working","how u can control ur system more from shell than from gui","why u shud have total control over ur system instead of opposite thing happening", "how shell is much more powerful than windows command prompt","differences between monolithic kernel and micro-kernel"

Read this *thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41048&page=6
u may getsome more ideas!

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
have u read Unix Shell Scripting by YPK it will definate give u deep knowledge about shell scripting also abut UNIX

why not u post INDEX so that guys can help u choosing materials for presentation

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
i think this is the wrong section. i probably must be in Tutorials.
UNSURE A mod has replied but i don't knw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom