Not open for further replies.

khandu

In the zone
Ok Ppl

I am once again here in this section :p

Now I need to upgrade my CPU

Budget : Rs. 35000

Now here are things to keep in Mind

1) I need to upgrade just my CPU , No need of monitor , printer etc..
2) I already have a AGP card so need a mobo with AGP card ( ATI RADEON 9600 works all games for me )
3) Have 512 DDR already so just need another 512 DDR

Ofcourse need it to be a bit future proof

I am listing the things what I need and what I have thought about it.. Please suggest and make changes

1) AMD 64bit 3200+
2) ASUS A8N Mother Board ( 5 PCI + 1 AGP Slot )
3) Cabinet ( iBall with Chimney )
4) 512 DDR RAM
5) DVD Writer 16x
6) A Simple DVD ROM ( just to read CD's seperetaly )
7) Good Heat solution
8) Creative Inspire 5200 ( Rs. 5200 )
9) Creative Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card ( Rs. 6250 )

I think the above can cook up a pretty good solution

What u ppl say ?? Actually I am goin to buy in June but startin the research 1 month earlier.. you know so that many ppl suggest many diff things...

so please help me out guys..

Also some1 give individual pricing too..

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Still i would say sell the card and go for something like a dfi nforce ultra mobo or may be the asus nforce 4 ultra delux board thats comming out this month. The point is you are upgrading the system and pulling back on the new technology just to accomadate somthing old you have. The new boards have things like dual gigabit lan (one on pcie) then hardware implimentation of firewalls, sata2, firewire etc. so why go for a pci & agp slot board the tech is dying anyway.
Any way the choice is yours.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Pradeep has a point. You could sell your Raedon and go in for a 6600 not GT which is around 6-7 K at the moment. This will still fall within ur budget or might extend it slightly.

512 MB DDR 400 mhz is around 3.3 at the mo. Should fall even lower a month later.

BenQ 1620 Dual Layer DVD writer is 4.5K. Might fall too in a months time.

iBall cabinets are OK but their PSU's suck. Get a VIP or a powersafe 400W PSU which should be around 1.5-2k

If your not gonna OC then stock heating solutions are fine. Even on stock OCing can be attained to decent levels. And also finding heating solutions in India is a pain.

Hope it helps!

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
Hmm..

Yeah i know he has a point... But i m a bit tight..

All the latest PCIe will be expensive.. also i will not get a good buy back for my AGP

tell me the costing for new processor and PCIe Mobos..

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
I too am trying to sell my intel P42.4 + asus 865 mobo to get a amd 64 system so the price i have is
amd 64 3500 90nm - 13000/- (ADA3500DIK4BI)
asus a8n-e delux 11000/-
pcie 6600gt 12000/-

but till mu system is sold i cannot get all this. Any way this is a good combo.

LayZ

Broken In
Well khandu looks like u overlooked something obvious while selecting ur mobo.....if i am not too wrong the 3200+ is a socket 939 processor whereas the Asus K8N supports socket 754 processors only...and i would suggest that u may keep ur 9600 and get urself a new mobo with AGP slot...unless u can churn out the cash to get urself a new PCI-e card too

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
AMD 64 3000+ (socket 939) - 7.5K
Mobo for PCI-E am not too sure wait for others.
6600 non GT 6-7K
Benq 1620 4.5K

(Do you really need a seperate sound card as most of the boards come with an onboard 6.1 surround sound atleast...neways thats upto u)

512 MB DDR RAM @400 MHZ will be around 3-3.5K max.

VIP or Powersafe 400W is around 1.5-2K

iBall cabinet - 1.5K ask him to change the PSU and go for the one above it should save around 500 bucks. So that becomes 1K.

Sony DVD ROM - 1.3K (not too sure).

This comes to around 27K. Now theres the mobo. And also the money u get from selling ur 9600.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
dude your prices are too high/low
amd 3500 inchester maybe for 14.5k ,it maybe higher somewhere too
128mb geforce 6600gt pci-e xfx if for 10.5k
asus a8n-e is for 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom