..:: Need Ur Help ::..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I HAVE RS. 24,500.00
WHAT IS THE OPTIMUM PC CONFIG ??
I DON'T NEED CD/CDRW/DVD/SPEAKER/Floppy drv/keyboard (we already have these things)

we have 5 pcs in the workgroup. we will setup this new pc as workgroup server, which will be running 3 main a softwares - Oracle 8i + SQL Server 2000+IIS 5.1

the os can be win2000 pro sp4 or XP pro sp2.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
for that kind of softwares you will need atleast 1 GB RAM with a 80 GB HDD. I GB RAM from Kingston will cost you around 9-9.5K. 80 GB will be around 3100 Rs and 120 GB will be 3600 Rs. Go for Western Digital or Seagate.

Processor at that price range will be the Pentium 4 2.4 ghz min and mobo Intel 865F. Dont know the prices for these. Monitor 17inch from Samsung will be 6100 Rs.

geek_rohit

In the zone
Hello indranilmaulik,
Glad to see you post in the hardware diss. In the future if any hardware querry is there ask in here. Anyways back to your question, what icecoolz has said is true. Get as much RAM you can. As for the rest of the config you should get the i915G chipset based motherboard, with a 2.8HT processor. Get at least 512 MB RAM, buy 2, 256 MB modules so that you can run them in dual channel mode. Get atleast a 80 GB SATA drive. Get a GeForce FX5700 GFX card considering your heavy requirements. Get a 17" Samsung Syncmaster, if your budget permits get a flat screen. Get a optical mouse from Logitech, its the best. And a multimedia keyboard.
If you find the total price going too high then get a i865GBF.
Happy Buying

aadipa

Padawan
geek_rohit said:
Hello indranilmaulik,
Get a GeForce FX5700 GFX card considering your heavy requirements.

I never knew that to run Oracle, SQL 2000 & IIS i will need a heavy duty GPU like FX5700 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And what will FX5700 do ? Show smooth windows with all text an static images?

Any onboard GPU will do. Spend that money on more RAM.

Oh and if you really intend to play games at high FPS then you can think of investing in GPU. But i don't think you will play 3D games on your server. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom