NEED: unlimited gprs/edge plan information

Status
Not open for further replies.

utsav

damn busy...
I am in search of a good unlimited gprs/edge plan which offers good speed for pc/mobile-phone surfing and downloading .

i can spend upto 450 every month for a unlimited plan.

So which connection should i get

Airtel/Idea/bsnl ???

and which plan is the best for my budget .
edge support is very much preferred

raksrules

Youngling
which city are u from? I am from Mumbai and have taken an Airtel lifetime Plan wherein i am charged Rs. 15 per day. Moreover i am using the Edge enabled Nokia 6630 and i get really good speeds (touch wood :) ).
So if you plan to keep your GPRS on full time then this is it. Moreover it fits rightly in your budget of Rs. 450

raksrules

Youngling
Yes !!!
Airtel charges are different in different cities. Even in Mumbai before few months the rates were Rs. 5 per day (No i am not talking about NOP but Mobile Office) but they then increased the rates to 12per daya and then to 15 per day.
For post paid connections, there are fixed monthly charges and also there is a download limit which i think no one would like to have. :)

OP
utsav

utsav

damn busy...
I want prepaid connection so bsnl will be ridiculously costly. what is this NOP ?

I belongs to bihar. here airtel EDGE is only 250/=per mo. (unlimited downloading)
:D :D :D :D

whatta english :D

Last edited:

ThinkFree

Technomancer
NOP-Net on phone. Allows you to access internet on phone only and not PC. Internet would be costly on any prepaid plan so better go for postpaid. In Delhi TATA and Airtel offer NOP at Rs.99pm

OP
utsav

utsav

damn busy...
Do u mean Mobile Office with unlimited usage is not available on airtel prepaid?

I am using tata NOP also and its damn good.

Last edited:

radonryder

Broken In
guys i need a plan too.I'll b back in india towards the end of may..
will be frequently travelling from trivandrum and
cochin.Can i use the same plan at both

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Utsav,Its available but as far as I know you have to pay more on prepaid. In Delhi its 599pm on prepaid( As told by CC) NOP isn't available at all on prepaid

ThinkFree

Technomancer
EDGE won't be available in all areas. One gets around 15KBps(kilobytes persecond) on EDGE. Without EDGE speed would be pathetic 7-8KBPS. As per as my experience Vodafone provices best speed (GSM) and TATA if we consider all operators(CDMA+GSM)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
^^^ <Raises an eyebrow>
Did you notice the Capital B and small b.
Bytes and bits.
Hello! did that ring a bell!

and 296 is theoretical maximum. YMMV.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Here in mumbai airtel deducts 15Rs daily for mobile office in prepaid plan. Its speed vary according to time. during daytime the speed is around 10 kbps and during night from 12-8 am you can about 15- 19 kbps.

Here in mumbai airtel deducts 15Rs daily for mobile office in prepaid plan. Its speed vary according to time. during daytime the speed is around 10 kbps and during night from 12-8 am you can about 15- 19 kbps. once i got 23 kbps while downloading.

Last edited:
OP
utsav

utsav

damn busy...
^^^ <Raises an eyebrow>
Did you notice the Capital B and small b.
Bytes and bits.
Hello! did that ring a bell!

and 296 is theoretical maximum. YMMV.

ha ha . i know the difference between bits and bytes :razz:

296kbps =37 KBPS :D

i didnt wanted to calculate how much 296kbps makes in KBPS thats why i posted that capital and small b.
i know obviously 15KBPS is less than 296kbps thats y i posted in that manner.
u misunderstood me :D

for your info check this post *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=560324&postcount=13

and the thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63887

it is more than 8 months old thread :D

hey guys look here *airtel.in/Level2_t3_services.aspx?path=1/6/6/3/6 :O .its in the prepaid section :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom