Need to encrypt the DVDS for copying!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tyreads

Hello everybody, I have a collection of DVDS and would like to continue with that. I sometimes do make copies of the original ones if I am not able to get them but the problem is that some are encrypted and couldn’t be copied. I am looking for a tool that can copy the encrypted ones and be efficient in speed and quality too.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Are u talking about some original movie DVD here ? Indeed they are encrypted and there are plenty of DVD rip softwares in the world with which you can RIP rip the disk and then copy it.

Actually these DVD are protected with CSS i.e. Content Scrambling System and someone already cracked this system and using a nifty tool named DeCSS. Now this is illegal to do it further discussion might not be suitable for this forum.

OP
L

Leah

I too had the same problem of copying the DVDS which were encrypted (I do not collect dvds) but I have to copy them for my business .I had used many software’s till date but recently found a DVD Cloner that does the decryption and also maintains the speed and quality like the original one.

Hope that you would find it useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
To begin with your decrypting and not decrypting.

I do not think circumvention of copy protection measures (not copyright itself) is a crime in India. Copying for backup purposes comes in fair use and as long as he does not distribute the copied DVD left right and center, there is nothing wrong in doing so.

You can try here:
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvd_decrypter
or
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ImgBurn for direct disc to disc burning.

Be mindful that if you distribute the copies, you would be in contravention of the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom