need to buy a acer laptop with dvd writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamba

In the zone
ferrari series have that sh*tty radeon 9700 gpu . hence dont like it

in acer go 4 travelmate 8100 or 8104

8100 - PM 760 ( 2 ghz ) , 1024 mb ram , 100gb hdd , dvd super drive , 15.4" WXGA , X700 128 mb gpu

8104 is the same , except it has 512 mb ram

these r better than the ferrari 1

sumitava_b

In the zone
As far as I knew, acer travelmate 8100 series is not available in India right now. But if mayneu is planning to get it from US/Uk then its okay.

However mayneu dint mention his budget.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Ahem! The ATi Mobility 9700 GPU is not bad as you say mamba. It's an awesome mobile albeit a little old. As for the original query, I believe most Acer laptops in the high end category give DVD-Writers or probably provide an option to put in a DVD writer.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
1st of all why Acer i wanna kno?built quality isnt der and u will face loads of problem every now and then bcoz i hav heard people who hav or had a Acer laptop none of den said gud bout Acer.well i dun wanna discourage u but wen u r goin for a laptop den u shud go for a gud brand like dell,Ibm.u mite not get da features at da price u r goin 4 acer but u'll b satisfied at da same time they hav more life bcoz laptop is a thin which one cant buy in every 2-3 months but if u can den u can go 4 acer 2 hav some experience.for sum where around 53k u can get a dell510m notebook.M processor725,windows xp home edi,256ddr(333mhz),30gb(5400rpm),24x cd-rw/dvd combo drive,15''xga tft display,56k fax modem,2 usb.i think is a value for money model wid gud features and for a decent price.u can eva check for dell inspiron 6000 model which will cost sum where around 58k.IBM is damn gud but will b more expensive compared 2 Acer,dell.by da way wats ur budget?so it will b easier to suggest.DVD writter huh hav to c which model has dat.well i m sure most of dem wont agree wid my suggestion as acer is far more cheaper.lets c wat others hav 2 say.

sumitava_b

In the zone
Aniruddh, u r quite right in saying that acer has not got that much quality as dell or ibm. But at least see their price tags!! It's in the reach of common public in India. One can say that acer enabled the middle class of india to think about having a laptop. At 35K, u can have a acer lappy today!! At 53K, what dell inspi 510m is giving, compare them with the specs of travelmate 4200 series which is also in same range.....

How ever if u have money, u really dont have any limit.... :p

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@sumitava_b
pal i kno but temme den eva wats da use of spendin 35k wen u kno dat u r not takin da rite thin der r 4-5 people who r usin and they r not at all happy wid it and now they want to change it wanna buy a gud companies laptop but now they cant as they dun hav any penny.and i hav seen dem literally goin berserk bcoz every now and den der laptop hav sum kinda problem so i really dun want another person to face da same problem afta speandin 35-40k.if 53k for a dell is to much den i guess eva 35k is damn expensive if u c da quality and da performance of acer.nywayz afta all its up to da person who wanna buy a acer laptop i can juz suggest thins i cant force anyone.wat a person want?to b happy in da end of da day afta spendin sum wat 40k?so if u r satisfied wid acer den dun take anyones suggestion juz go for it.but still if u can juz check dell and ibm once.ALL THE BEST.

mamba

In the zone
Nemesis said:
Ahem! The ATi Mobility 9700 GPU is not bad as you say mamba. It's an awesome mobile albeit a little old. As for the original query, I believe most Acer laptops in the high end category give DVD-Writers or probably provide an option to put in a DVD writer.

agreed somewhat . but while he is at it , y not go 4 a min x600/x700 or Go 6600 . as it is the 9700 is far behind these gpuz , its gonna go down within a month , when nvidia will b launching their 7-series ( n hopefully the notebook ver wont b far behind :D )

instead go 4 toshiba satellite m40 . its got all the bells n whistles u need n would cost u bout 15-20k less in the US , compared 2 india

sumitava_b

In the zone
Aniruddh, it is very obvious that at 35K one cant get all the specs which r available at around 50K. I just meant that its a kinda maruti800 car. Owner of a maruti 800 cant cry river for the facilities available in honda city, bcoz he knows what is the value for the amount he has spent. Isn't it?

For middle class people, shelling out an extra 10-15K is really big ask after seetling down for a 35K budget for a sys. They really dont have any other option. I am just stating the social scenario here. I am not also fond of Acer or likewise brands. I am too thinking of buying a lappy soon. Doing lot of research.......concentrating on Dell inspi6000 with lotsa modifications (coming out to be around 80K)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom