need tips to improve nfs ug 2 driving skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hello ppl,
well i am not a bad racer..but i do bump inot every turning that exists..:D
or slow down too much that the other cars overtake me..can someone give me ne tips to improve my racing skills..

Thx.

damnthenet

Journeyman
They say 'practice makes a man perfect'. It's true in many things and particularly in your case. Do lots of racing and you can lead others. EA wants different versions of NFS to be different and so makes racing a bit tougher every time. So, even if you're a master in NFS HP2, for the latest version you'll need to practice from the scratch.
If you are not satisfied or don't like practising, get some cheat codes through Google and go ahead. But don't do this if you want to enjoy racing.
Daniel Moses

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
this is valid for every racing game there is.... find the best line and stick to it... you practise on that line and you'll get it perfect.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
my game is 61% done.... i have no probs in drift..but have a little in streetX.
btw what's your ride?
mine is TT

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
1 tip : slow in into a curve ... hit the nitrous near the exit point to quickly gain speed and the exit the curve at a good speed ....

Taking corners in a better way really makes a difference ....

kiran_k

Broken In
To take a turn firstly slow down a bit, go a bit wide, and then try to turn. practice it often in every turn. determine the max speed at which you can turn and thats it, you have mastered the game.
It took me 3 months to master nfsu1 but now, i win races in the toughest mode pretty convincingly and with the greatest margin.

Satissh S

Youngling
My Query is also the same! How to drive fast without hitting the other traffics in the road. I don't have any problem in driving without traffic but with traffic i get a bit tensed when i find another car straight up to me.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
:arrow: Make minor adjustments while changing directions. Turning too quickly decreases your speed rapidly.
:arrow: When there is incoming traffic, try to push your opponents into it causing them to have an accident. This will get you a lot of valuable time.
:arrow: Save nitrous for the last lap, because no matter how good your lead, the comp always manages to catch up to you on the last lap (if catch-up option is enabled) especially at higher difficulties.
:arrow: Don't stay near the centre of the road if it will force you to go slow. Use the entire width of the track to get you a faster lap.
:arrow: If you are having problems avoiding traffic, use a car with great handling even if it means compromising slightly on top speed.
:arrow: Keep one eye on the minimap. Always know the direction and how sharp the next few corners are.
:arrow: The camera view that you select is very important. Never ever select the in-car view as it eats up a significant portion of the display and blocks a huge part of the track from view.
:arrow: Make sure you have a good FPS (atleast 40). A smoothly running game does affect how well you drive. If the game stutters at a crucial time, it could ruin your entire race.

rohanbee

Padawan
Well i agree with what my friend above says. Practice a lot and you will Truimph. However there will always be someone better than you and someone worse. So chill its just a game..........Regarding some points he made while i agree mostly here are my take on driving skills......

:arrow: Do not push opponents into traffics way as sometimes rather than trying to concentrate on your own driving u will be more intent on banging into others into manouvering them to hit traffic .I think this is a tatic only an experienced gamer should indulge in.

:arrow: When making sharp turns lift hand of the accelerator and start turning my making small adjustments/light taps on the left/right keys. Eventually try using the handbrakes for quick turns on your car!!

:arrow: Camera views are very player centric. Use the one you are most comfortable with. Let others not dictate this to you. While i use the one furthest from my car, my friend loves the in-car mode.

:arrow: If you dont have a good graphics card play with the least graphics and turn down features in the graphics options as this will reduce choppiness in play and avoids mistakes due to game hangs.

Hope this helps!!! cheers :)

c00l

Broken In
practice makes the man perfect
anyway here are some tips-
*Avoid slowing too much on turns
*When turning try to turn from the far side od the curve
*Also read the in game tips u get when u collect the icons in the game

anuraag_01

Broken In
why all this trouble yar??

there's no damage sys in nfs ug/2 ( donno if that is a good or bad thing), so just slam ur side to the turn when u enter it, and throttle to come out of it.

escape7

What? Where? How?
kiran_k said:
To take a turn firstly slow down a bit, go a bit wide, and then try to turn. practice it often in every turn. determine the max speed at which you can turn and thats it, you have mastered the game.
It took me 3 months to master nfsu1 but now, i win races in the toughest mode pretty convincingly and with the greatest margin.

He'll lose the race if he plays that way, u talkin' about winning

rohanbee

Padawan
Well actually anurag might have a point.
Man climbs bicycle
Man falls
Man gets up back again
unfortunately falls yet again

Man breaks a**......... :wink:

Moral of this nfs2 story is bang here bang there and then never learn and keep banging here and there yet again and maybe you might learn.

kiran_k

Broken In
escape7 said:
He'll lose the race if he plays that way, u talkin' about winning
Initially yes, but once he masters the turning he wil win at any cost.

I said:
To take a turn firstly slow down a bit, go a bit wide, and then try to turn. practice it often in every turn
This means that when u are taking a 90degree turn to your right, slo from say 200kph to 160kph go to left of the road a few paces away from the turn and then hit hard at right turn button keeping the car accelerated, this way u achieve a speed of say 180-185kph on the turns where in noramally you drop down to 140-130kph when you bang into the wall. and once out of turn, without nitro, you will regain your speed of 200kph
observe well the computer does the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom