Need suggestion...Mobo,Processor,Pci-e Card,laptop..???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
well guyz i wanna know bout few thins-i want a laptop which shud not b more then 60-65k max.and i wanna laptop in which i can play the latest games.plz do temme da config of da laptop u suggest.I can spend bout 35-37k for 19'' flat moni,mobo,processor,pci-e card.so i want 2 know for which brand 19'' moni i shud opt 4,as well as mobo,processor,and card.if possible den with all the details.like will it b possible for me 2 go for a 925mobo if yes then which one(brand).if i'll go for a 925 then i'll need 2 buy ddr2 ram and i need atleast 384ram.how much ram will cost me?if not 925mobo then i guess i hav 2 go 4 915...which one?i will be able 2 go 4 a 3.2 p4 processor or i hav 2 settle wid 3.0ghz?and 128 mb pci-e card?

suave_guy

pedal to metal
for the budget of 65K i recommend that u go for dell latitiude D810....although i suspect that it may cross ur budget....

the prob with dell india site is that it doesnt shows the price...u've to request for it...

as far as its specs are concerned....
15.4" widescreen, 128 mb ati X600(to play latest games as u mentioned), centrino 1.8 ghz, combo drive, 40 gb hdd, harman kardon speakers plus other goodies...but as i said it may cross ur budget...but to play latest games on a laptop u need at least this config.

for ur second query i recommend that u go for an AMD based platform...geforce 6600 pci-e gfx will be a good start...

contact blade_runner, he'll help u a lot for ur second query....

ENjoy...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
19" flat crt - Samsung - will cost around 12k
processor - amd athlon 3000+ (939 pin) - around 7500/-
mobo MSI K8N-NEO 4 PLATINUM (AMD 939 ,NFORCE 4 ULTRA)- around 9500/-
grafix card - xfx/gainward 6600gt 128 mb - around 11k

total around 40k

if u go for intel 925 chipset you will have to go for ddr2 ram .. which is quite expensive. i dont know the pricing though. a 533 mhz ddr2 512mb is more than 5 k i guess (not sure)

if u want to go for 915 series go for a msi 915p board with a xfx/gainward 6600gt 128 mb card and throw in 512 mb or more of ddr 400 mhz ram. it will be a good gaming machine but amd will still outperform it.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@suave_guy
ya bud i think he did edit his post... u knw like i was jst searching d forum for a laptop query and i wasnt able to figure out y d hell did u post bout laptops here in this post ?? lolz :D ...this aniruddh chap seems new and i dnt knw y did he edit the whole post completely ????

OP
Aniruddh

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@suave_guy
ya i guess by mistake i erased dat.thanx 4 ur suggestion.wat bout ibm,acer,hp laptops?da problem wid da dell laptops is dat i wont get proper service as they dun hav any vendor or sumthin dats why i m not so keen.
@mohit
thanx mohit but i wanna intel p4 i wont go 4 a amd processor.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@aniruddh
ok for a p4 system if you want good gaming perfomance then i suggest the following (may exceed your budget of 37k though)

samsung 19" monitor - 12,000/-
Kingston 512mb (533mhz) ddr2 ram - around 6,000/-
intel pentium 4 3.0 ghz - around 8,500/-
xfx/leadtek/gainward 6600gt pci-e - 11,000/-
go for an intel original board based on 925xe chipset - approx price around 7-8,000/- (not sure)

and if u go for the 915 series u can save a lot of cash on ram. go for the msi 915p series.

OP
Aniruddh

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@mohit
ooh man wid 925 mobo it will b quite a lot more then my budget so i guess i shud go for a 915 mobo.thanx.

D

dinesh_singh

if you are here to have some advise then mine is "go for an amd platform"
you it will be better then any 925 based system with almost same or lower price.
or you can stick a intel inside label to ur cabinet if you have made a choice

rohanbee

Padawan
mohit said:
@aniruddh
ok for a p4 system if you want good gaming perfomance then i suggest the following (may exceed your budget of 37k though)

samsung 19" monitor - 12,000/-
Kingston 512mb (533mhz) ddr2 ram - around 6,000/-
intel pentium 4 3.0 ghz - around 8,500/-
xfx/leadtek/gainward 6600gt pci-e - 11,000/-
go for an intel original board based on 925xe chipset - approx price around 7-8,000/- (not sure)

and if u go for the 915 series u can save a lot of cash on ram. go for the msi 915p series.

The 925 series board will be a killer price and the reviews for technology at that price are not to amazing either.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
aniruddh the problem with other laptop brands is that they dont give u options to cutomize ur configuration...

firstly both IBM and HP/Compaq laptops are expensive and u cant expect a gaming laptop from them...they are more focused on providing business solutions....they do have laptops ranging arnd 60K, but at the best they will provide only intel 900 GMA for ur range which is not good enough for playing latest games...

secondly brands like sony, samsung and toshiba do have gaming laptops but then they are frustratingly overpriced....a widescreen laptop with a decent graphics card from these brands will ATLEAST cost 75K....

acer is one brand which i wud specially want to mention here...specially due to their recent aggressive low pricing...but then acer has its known issues....history tells us that acer laptops are bound to have problems and that they are not long lasting....however i suggest that u shud have a look on Acer Aspire 1682 WLMi...it has centrino 1.6 ghz, ati mobility radeon 9700 with 64 mb, 512 mb ddr ram, 15.4" widescreen....a good laptop for gaming if u ask me for arnd 56K approx.

dell is the no.1 computer manufacturer in terms of price to performance ratio....its reliable and it provides excellent servicing...their help desk is one of the best!

if u have further queries then do ask....

btw tell me one good solid reason that why do u want to go for a desktop based on intel platform...?

ENjoy...

rohanbee

Padawan
Its funny suave,
But i dont know why the whole world is against intel. Its probably the David vs Goliath effect.......where obviously everybody suppports the underdog David (obvious reasons AMD).
I have an intel based system and frankly "no problems of any kind......." Preformance is also quite acceptable and reliable. Yes, next time around i too will go in for an amd but i still think for a novice or a person who does not diviluge in too much of the IT world the INTEL brand name is a secure platform. Just like the Tata's ................i guess.
This is just my opinion and in no way to start a intel vs amd war.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom