Need some help with Mandrake 10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Hi ,
I recently have totally shifted to my Mandrake Box for everythign I do . But now Im stuck at a few things.

1. How do I install a Cannon IP Pixma 1000 printer on it. i cant find the driver in the printer wizard and I cant find one to download either :(

2. I have a CD with firefox on it when I browse to the folder to install it theres about 7 folders. How do I install firefox on my system. (Ill give the correct filenames ocne I get access to the disk at home.

3. How do I play .wma files or can I convert them to mp3 files in Mandrake. I hear that you can play them with mplayer but I dont have that in my list of packages and I dont think I know how to install it otherwise.

4.Is it possible to change the background of Flux ( Um I think it was called flux . Its the one with a brown background and you have to right click on the desktop background to get the menus)

5. I have gnome 2.6 installed in my distro . I hear theres a window manager called gnome metacity. How do I know if Im using it or not? Or am I using it by default?

6. When I use Gnome I only use about 90 MB of Ram on my system. If I were to try gdesklets , different icon sets and launchers and what not to mod the look of my environment , am I going to notice a drastic decrease in my system performace. I have 512 MB ram. Does anyone have the patience and time to draw a tutorial to mod there desktop on gnome to something nice and show me how they did it . Im pretty sure I can manage once I have done it once. Ive checked out lynucs.org and although it does list the software they used I have yet to successfully install something other than Gkrellm which came with mandrake.

Please forgive if the questions were asked already. I tried searching but Im getting really weird php errors or something.

Thanks in advance

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
For the printer try system tools -> printing manager or something and configure your printer.

Then I think the default windows manager is metacity.

tuxfan

Technomancer
1. Check this out *www.turboprint.de/english.html. There is a free edition for private use. Also see *www.linuxprinting.org. If you can't find anything for Pixma 1000 there, they have a forum too ;) Also see *www.linuxprinting.org/pipermail/canon-list/2004q4/001745.html

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
. Check this out *www.turboprint.de/english.html. There is a free edition for private use. Also see *www.linuxprinting.org. If you can't find anything for Pixma 1000 there, they have a forum too Also see *www.linuxprinting.org/piperma...q4/001745.html
tied every thin
but didnt find any thin for pixima IP 1000 or IP 1500
cannon !!!! plase do some thin for linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom