Need some help for chem project

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan

In the zone
Well.. i know this is a tech board.. but the desc for this forum said 'Anything that doesn't fit into other sections...' so i'm asking for ur help..

It's time for the high school chem project. so.. i'm asking you for an idea for a high school chem project.

Basically, we can do a project as a part of a research or experiments.. it can really be anything at high school level, pertaining to chemistry.

for example, some last year projects include: determining the %age of nicotine in various cigarette brands, determining the %age of alcohol in various cigarette brands, determining the %age of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen and halogens in various organic compounds, dying of cloth using azo-dye [some reaction which has to do with azonium di-chloride, don't exactly remember it.. has a vibrant orange color and they used it as a dye], making a meter bridge using electrolytes [electrochemistry] and so on..

so.. i hope it's clear on what type of project it can be.. any suggestions.. thanks a lot in adv.

rohan

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
It's been a loooong time since I had anything to do with chemistry, so I don't have any really good ideas off the top of my head.

A couple of suggestions that may not be worth much by themselves, but may start you thinking - determining the pH levels of various soil samples, electro-plating, electrophoresis .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom