Need some file tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniper

Broken In
Recently i had to arrange about 200gb+ data, softwares , audio etc. it included multiple copies of files coz some of them were recovered while some were original copies. I made a mess and deleted the okay ones instead of the curropt files.

>I need something that will check the integrity of files
>and/or check archives
>and/or check mp3 files for stream errors.
>i also want something which would check reliability of RW disks.

i had to manually open the mp3 files in an audio editor and see if some chuks are missing from the songs. anything similar ? right now i use powerarchiver and winrar to test archives but they arent too reliable. CDCheck to see if files are readable.

i also remember a software which could actually show which part of the CD is damaged. it would show the exact location of the scratches on the cd on th screen.

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
rj2k said:
winrar is unflexible. use winace or winzip pro

ha! thats one of the most absurd thing i've heard of...what sort of flexibility r u talkin of? winrar has got more functions that winzip and the rar format surpasses the zip format when it comes to data compressing.

anyway, 7Zip cud be a better alternative (its free and more "flexible" than even winrar)

OP
S

sniper

Broken In
numero uno Powerarchiver-->Winrar-->7Zip (analysis as on 29th July)

my question remains unanswered

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
rj2k said:
winrar is unflexible. use winace or winzip pro
m8 u serious!!
Winrar is the most flexilbe utility i have ever used. winzip is so lame but winace is cool.

..:: Peace ::..
Jeba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom