Need rugged and fast phone under 15k

Status
Not open for further replies.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Must have features
1. Can survivde drops and bad handling
2. Very durable
3. Very responsive with built in and user installed software.
4. More than 1gb space.

I am looking for the following additional features in the order of preference.
1. Options for installable software like windows or symbian.
2. 3.5mm headphone support without convertors.
3. Camera with flash
4. touchscreen/stylus
5. large screen
6. Music and video playback quality

Can SE phones like 810i survive drops on hard floors like nokia phones do?

I will be buying the phone only after iphone releases in India and its non vfm.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
C702. Dust resistant, splash resistant and is Ip-54 certified, the certificate thats given after stingent durability tests.

moshel

Padawan
@adithyagenius...

Im looking out for a phone with the same featureset u have mentioned. im confused whether to buy a new phone right now or wait for the iphone. i do love the iphone but am skeptical for 2 reasons. 1. the pricing + plan charges that vodafone is gonna charge. 2. some of the missing basic functionalities. aka. bluetooth file transfer, copy+paste, video recording & inability to forward text messages.

sorry to bump in on this thread...but can someone pls help me with this. is the iphone worth the wait? when is it expected to be ATLEAST announced in india.

oh btw for ur featureset...i think the N81->N78->N82 in increasing order. (no touch screen) and i got no idea abt which ones got flash. all have 2.4" screens. if u want bigger screen then go for the N95 which has a 2.8".

N82 the best featurewise is not a good looking phone. N81 and N78 are both damn sexxxyyy phones. with the N78 have a little bit advanced functionalities in its symbian software.

btw would it be possible to buy a N81 and install the FP1 like the N78 has?

OP
adithyagenius

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
^
No need to apologise in crashing in. More the merrier. I am also skeptical about iphone because of bluetooth file transfer. I can arrange for rest of things.

@all
I am looking for handwriting recognition feature which works properly. I don't care about anything else other handwriting recognition. Can anyone help me out?

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
btw would it be possible to buy a N81 and install the FP1 like the N78 has?

nope its not possible to install FP2 (N78 is a FP2 fone) on any pre-FP1 or even FP1 fone (N81 & N82).

another fone that u can consider is 6220 Classic,though build quality is not as good as N82,it has almost all features of N82 xcept WiFi.price is 17k.has FP2 i.e same os as N78.
I've used the fone for bout an hour and did find the OS to be better than N82 or N81.even i'm contemplating buying it.

moshel

Padawan
G700 & G900...hmm well somehow i dont like the design. I actually find them to be very ugly looking.

there is a new feature coming in the newer handsets of Nokia which i like a lot. The accelerometer. i find the feature to be very good. and maybe i will wait for some more phone launches by nokia. they will surely come out with accelerometer feature in future phones.

List of phones with accelerometers

btw its pretty bad that LG and samsung dont bring in some of their high end devices to india. more notably the LG DARE, Samsung Omnia and the Instinct. these are direct rivals to the iphone and if i were LG or samsung i would not prefer to miss this bus.

OP
adithyagenius

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
whats this fp1 and fp2 you guys are talking about?
I am really looking for handwriting recognition. The reason is that, I have to take down small 2-3 lines notes or directions to a place or reminders for seminars , meetings and group discussions. But I SUCK at typing on mobiles. I take 8 minutes to type a 3 line sms. I cannot use t9 because I need to use lots of non dictionary words like proper nouns and abbreviations. Although I am very comfortable with QWERTY, but that comfort is limited to desktop keyboards.
I am very impressed by the specs of SE P1i. Most importantly I want to know if handwriting recognition works. Please see the youtube video - *www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCHqMENtKkA
I want to know if handwriting recognition is as good as in vista or crappy like in leapord.
How is HTC Touch?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
g700/g900 is ugly??

to each his own i guess. The accelerometer is a crap feature IMO. I generally keep the accelerometer turned off in my K850.

All touchscreen phones have language recognition.

moshel

Padawan
I know they have handwriting recognition. I want to know if they work properly. I saw a youtube video of some phone having very bad handwriting recognition. It recognised testing as test in g.

how good the handwriting recognition works......well actually it will be u who will have to get used to the phone. rather than expecting the phone to recognise a character which u write in an unconventional way.

in short once u get a new phone and play with it for sometime, u will get used to it and there wont be any problems.

for you...if u want touch screen then u got 2 gr8 choices HTC Touch and P1i.

moshel

Padawan
Sony Ericsson P1i

HTC Touch

these are prices from The Mobilestore from essar. If u have croma in ur city check that out. thats the only place where i have seen real pieces for public demo. just yesterday i checked out the HTC Touch at croma in its full glory.

Frankly speaking, it was ok. the phone had a nice feel while handling it. the interface is pretty decent. and it was quite easy to press the small 'x' at the top right corner with my somewhat large thumb.

well if i dont buy an iphone, i will be certainly considering this one.

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
whats this fp1 and fp2 you guys are talking about?

FP1 and FP2 r feature pack 1 & 2 resp.they introduce new features to the os.
I think windows mobile hav better handwriting recognition than other os.
if u want Windows Mobile then try
1>HTC Touch
2>HTC P3300 (has GPS)
3>Samsung SGH-i710 (has the best procy of the lot ,a Intel XScale 416MHz,u can get it for 12k in indiaplaza.in)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom