need pc.. budget... 30K

Status
Not open for further replies.

godzi_85

In the zone
can someone please give me details about a config....
processor amd 64bit....
motherboard.. with nforce2 chipset...(if i can play all games with an onbaord chipset(any will do).....then i don`t need to buy and graphics card and save for dvd-writer..
hDD(40 gb)....
graphics card.....
a dvd writer..
memory...
monitor..

and please also give me a relative config for intel pcs..

also do zenith and HCL.. give Emi on custom made pcs....
anyone got their contact numbers.... please do give it to me..
and oh any AMd retailers.. giving custom made pcs.. with EMI.... in mumbai only..
please do tell me...
caue EMI is the biggest hurdle for my friend.. poor dude can`t pay all at once..lolz.

also my friend`s buying the pc in december.. so anything i should take care of or look out for..

OP
G

godzi_85

In the zone
sorry.. i wanna buy nforce 3 mobos.. not nforce 2.... ie if its possible to play all games on it .. and not require a graphics card..

OP
G

godzi_85

In the zone
and lolz..... sorry for asking more...
are there any socket 939.. mobos that will suffice in this budget...
please enighten me on it..
thanks in advance.....

nikhilesh

Journeyman
no its not possible to play ALL games on it and not require
a gfx card.

as for the mobo.go for the ASUS K8V .costs 7k
excellent mobo

segate 40gb 7200rpm shud be arnd 2.5k or 3k

kingston value 256mb is 2200-2300

A64 2800+ is 7k

liteon DVD writer(16x) is 5.75 k

total here is arnd 26k
go for a 17 inch monitor that costs 5k .dunno exactly wich one.
u add rest of the stuff

liteon DVD writer is 5.75 k

so the whole thing is abt 31k.

u need to xtend ur budget dude

or just go for an athlon XP

OP
G

godzi_85

In the zone
well its for a good friend of mine... and he can extend the budget to around 35k or even 37k..... so getting a graphics card and a dvd writer won`t bea problem..
also suggest some good speakers 4.1 or 6.1... for surround sound.... and stuff..... if possible please do suggest a good speaker set and also give the price... which will be really helpful... :)

demoninside

In the zone
what about creative inspire 4.1 4000rs,
but personally i'll suggest u PHILIPS don't know model name,2.1 2100rs, 2.1 3200rs(*model), 4.1 5800rs(*model)
or can go for altech lansing 2.1 4800rs(*model),
price might be diffrent depending on ur city and model no,
these price r here in doon so pls ,
don't really think u can afford 4.1 of altech more then that.
for more u can check on digit old issue, on PDF or if u have the mag.

OP
G

godzi_85

In the zone
oh ok...
well my friend was thinking of buying a music system and i told him to buy a good sound card and also a good set of 4.1 speakers... so he would be spending less than when he would buy a new music system...
i would definately go for the config suggested by nikilesh.. thanks dude..
but i have heard that liteon dvd drives got a problem..some kind don`t remember what..read it somewhere.. and that benq drives the benq 2200 are the best in the market right now...
do enlighten me on that.. too.. if possible..

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
def Liteon DVD drives are problematic. Go for a Pioneer 16X DVD writer. I think they are the same price as the Literon and performance is much better. Altho ur friend might wanna hold onto the DVD writer for a while till the prices for a Dual Layer DVD writer drops. DL DVD writers are gonna be the norm...

OP
G

godzi_85

In the zone
actually.. when will the prices drop anyways... cause he buying the pc next month.. so getting everthing possible..
here` s a tentative list of stuff he might buy
amd 64 3000+
asus K8v
256 RAM
Samsung 17` monitor
40 GB HDD
dvd writer
the graphics card might come later....like next year in jan or so...
but what do you guys say... should he go for a graphics card now or should he go for a dvd -writer now... please help...
oh i got a question..... asus k8v doesn`t have onboard video.. which other mobo has onboard video pls do tell me..... oh it does have onboard sound atleast right??

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
With that mobo means hes not gonna wait for the PCI-E express. So gettin a graphics card might be better for now. Wait for the prices to drop on the DL DVD writers next year and get them....

OP
G

godzi_85

In the zone
if he could wait he would have waited ... but the dude needs it and so do i, can make him download stuff for me...hehehehehhehehehe...
he can wait for a graphics card but not for a dvd-writer... cause there`s loads of writing to do..:)..
doesn`t get time so won`t be playing loads of games.... so definately can wait till end of december or jan for a graphics card..
and also i would be upgrading my pc next year anways.. so i`ll be the one getting all the good and expensive and kick-ass stuf.. like DL writers(hopefully blu ray) ;)... pci-express mobos.. etc etc...

oh another question..
i`m giving my hdd to my friend which already has winxp installed on it.. now how do i solve the driver problems... if there are any..

nikhilesh

Journeyman
hmmmm......

lit on undoubtedly makes the best cd writers.

but when it comes to DVD-writers they r a lil biased towards DVD+R discs.

yes BenQ would be the best option. and also i dont think the 3000+will come into ur budget

OP
G

godzi_85

In the zone
oh i read in the november issue of digit.. about dl dvd writers... pioneer dl layered dvd writer for only 6300... would definately go for that...
ya even i think of going down to the 2800 XP. .. but the biggest problem is that of EMi..
can anyone give me dealer names who sell custom pc.. with EMi.. cause untill and unless there is no EMI then getting the required pc would be diffuicult. and oh i live in Mumbai..

OP
G

godzi_85

In the zone
well..i`ll... again,,
the last time i went.. i didn`t get any dealer who would give me a Emi.. but i didn`t chk in all the gallis.. i guess i`ll do that... next month..
so when i`ll get a new pc.. i`ll tell yu guys about it...
cya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom