Need My Own Message Board..

Status
Not open for further replies.

whistler

Journeyman
ok here iam with one more info needed.... :oops:
actually at our company we r planning a intranet message board..
of various depatments..
so what i need to know is what r the s/w's available for it and based upon ur experinces which is best and why?
one thing to ad is i need that s/w to be running on a SQL database (if required).

Any Takers this time?

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
search the forum

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6527

BTW u can opt for phpBB or IPB ...........
both are equally good :)

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
if u r looking for a company board.. i think u would not mind spending some money on it.. there is vbulletin which u can buy and use...

as invision recently turned paid and there is only phpbb left... which is free

but i think as a company u wudnt mind spending for vbulletin...
www.vbulletin.org

u need php+ sql for this...

go4inet

In the zone
huh, why do you wanna go for oracle, when you have a Open Source along with you "MySQL" ?

Go for Open Source and Save your moeny dude !
NEWBB 2.0 is also a good one.

Its better you can start a Blog too ! Thats a Good Idea :)

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
PHPBB

You can also use PHPBB with Oracle. But you need to have a server like apache server for linux or easyphp server for windows to be running in the admin computer. The installation is very easy. All you have to do is select a few options and voila! the board is ready. :mrgreen:

OP
W

whistler

Journeyman
ok

as i have stated earlier, we r plannig an intranet BB so it should be a licenced one...and secondly of oracle issue,
we already have the corporate licence of oracle 9i so it should be less hassle to run it on existing servers nad batabase..(and less hassle to manage also)

one more query to add is, can MySQL be implemented in windows platform?

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
PHPBB

Easier said than done. EasyPHP is a free server and MySQL is a free SQL and it is perhaps the best for you. If you are using PHPBB for commercially,I think that you need to pay. But as you are using for only yor personal within ffice complex,its free. Just download PHPBB from www.phpbb.com and EasyPHP from www.download.com

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
well if u need a licensed version i wud recommend u use vbulletin it would cost u .. but it has many features which u wud need as a professional company... regarding the oracle issue.. u cud contact the sales guys at vbulletin at *www.vbulletin.com/contact.php or *www.vbulletin.com/contact_sales.php

certainly there are free boards.. but as u said u need for a company i wud recommend vbulletin... pm me if u need more info
Anand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom