Need mumbai city map

Status
Not open for further replies.

pop143

Journeyman
I need a mumbai city map , with details of roads, streets etc.....or atleast with places names....in a good image resolution....in google got a few..but am searching for a few more...can any1 get me???

thanx..

satyamy

Alive Again...
buy a Mumbai Guide
their u'll get a Paper Map of 18" x 23"
with road, rail, bus, visiting place, rest. & hotels, hospitals & many more details
its cost is just Rs. 20/-

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Checkout these links for Mumbai City Map:

1) *www.mumbainet.com/cityinfo/citymap.htm
2) *www.mapsofindia.com/mumbai/index.html

I think this is more than enough for you!!

kl_ravi

Journeyman
try *www.wikimapia.org and in the search city type mumbai and choose the resolution you require.

Start here

Last edited:

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Guys,

All the paper maps suggested above are guide maps adapted from Maps released by Survey of India. Some of them are not to scale and will be for guidance only.

But Maps produced by Survey of India are really prodfessional with almost all details incorporated into it.

*www.surveyofindia.gov.in/

Here is a link to the map viewer at survey of india.
*www.surveyofindia.gov.in:8080/website/utmdata/viewer.htm

You narrow down to mumbai city in that viewer to get the map code. In this case it is E47 A/16 and E43 G/13 both the above maps are to scale 1:25000 i.e 4 units = 1 unit on the map

You can straight away walk into survey of india map sales office and ask for maps with above codes to get a Mumbai City Guide map to resolution 1:20000 i.e 5 units = 1 unit on the map

of course nothing can beat the digital imagery available at the wikimapia.org link, i have given above.....

jack// ani

In the zone
kl_ravi said:
Guys,

All the paper maps suggested above are guide maps adapted from Maps released by Survey of India. Some of them are not to scale and will be for guidance only.

But Maps produced by Survey of India are really prodfessional with almost all details incorporated into it.

*www.surveyofindia.gov.in/

You narrow down to mumbai city in that viewer to get the map code. In this case it is E47 A/16 and E43 G/13 both the above maps are to scale 1:25000 i.e 4 units = 1 unit on the map

You can straight away walk into survey of india map sales office and ask for maps with above codes to get a Mumbai City Guide map to resolution 1:20000 i.e 5 units = 1 unit on the map

of course nothing can beat the digital imagery available at the wikimapia.org link, i have given above.....

nice site....

kl_ravi

Journeyman
hard_rock said:
Nice site RAVI

Wikimapia or survey of india ?

BTW find the Shimoga (Oh Sorry !! Shivamogga) Map Here ... The resolution is not that good. But check out Tumkur City Town Hall Circle (Sorry ... Tumakuru :p )

Sorry if I am deviating form the topic ....!!!!

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
kl_ravi said:
Guys,

by the way ravi, it seems that the port 8080 isn't working anymore. The viewer is now available at port 80 at the surveyofindia website

hard_rock

Salieri Family
kl_ravi said:
Wikimapia or survey of india ?

BTW find the Shimoga (Oh Sorry !! Shivamogga) Map Here ... The resolution is not that good. But check out Tumkur City Town Hall Circle (Sorry ... Tumakuru :p )

Sorry if I am deviating form the topic ....!!!!

Oh..U remember me..Gr8!!
I knew Wikimapia, But Survey of India was unknown.Thanx 4 that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom