Need Mp3 bitrate changer software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
Pls suggest a free software ( not trialware or shareware ) for changing bitrate of the Mp3's of my music collection . I want to change existing bitrate to 256kbps or 320 kbps ???

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
What bitrate do you have now? If it is lesser than your required bitrate, it is useless to do so. You can lower the bitrate from a greater value. In this case quality of song is degraded but size of file is reduced. I don't think you wanna lower the quality. Do you?

jal_desai

In the zone
yup tht's right... if u have a 128 kbps bitrate song and u encode it again at 256 kbps or any other then the quality is not going to get better.. never... but the vice versa will definitely reduce the size of the song but, at the cost of its quality... anyways... u can have AURORA MEDIA WORKSHOP to change these parameters... try it... its a ALL IN ONE kinda software

Name: Aurora Media Workshop
Where: Oct 2006 DVD (digit)
Size: 13.5 MB

S

SE><IE

audacity, Free, no installtion required and very light. :)

shakshy

Broken In
sugestion: use it to decrease higher bitrates increasing the bitrate frm lower value decreases the quality

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
as Kiran_tech_mania has pointed out, it is not advisable to do so, but if you are insistent, then go for Lame. Lame is a powerful win32 command line encoder. It is entirely free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom