Need Motherboard Suggestion..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hello guys..

I now hv a Intel 845GVAD2 MOB. With P4 2.4Ghz Processor and 256MB RAM. Intel Video/Audio In-Built. No AGP Slot.

I wish 2 Upgrade my Sys cos iam a hardcore gamer.. and with my curr config i am unable 2 play some games which need high end graphics card.

I want to change only my Motherboard. I need to knw which latest mob also supports my already existing devices & Components.

Latest MOB must surely hv a AGP high end slot.. more capacity of RAM slot and if poss a s-video out in the mob. So i culd conn my TV in the place of my Monitor.

Giv me sugg of Mob and their series and wat wil b the price. Price tag <6k.

I am gonna make a one time investment this time.. cos iam not gonna change my MOB again.. so giv a sugg thts the lates and the maximum technology wise..

TIA

anubhav_har

In the zone
go for a asrock mobo or a asus one.. u can use the present cpu on a asus p4gemx mobo which i personally also own... it has a agp4x slot... check out its details here...
*in.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=12&l3=0&model=197&modelmenu=1

it is the socket 478... i bought the mobo for approx 2750+4% vat...

Ringwraith

Journeyman
look its never like u wont EVER have to upgrade ur mobo again! thats too far-fetched! ok now to mobos
i wud suggest go for an intel 865 based mobo as this would be enough for ur needs..(will cost arnd 3k) just make sure its got an AGP slot so that u can put a good gfx card there! u do not need a high end motherboard right now with this processor...employ the money u save to get another stick of 256/512 RAM..that wil make a big difference to performance! and sure enough get a gfx card ASAP :)

theraven

Technomancer
1) 845 is phased out
2) if u get a new 845 mobo get something like asus
3) none of the mobos will have svideo out .. ull need a graphic card with tv out support
4) all 845 mobos have agp 4x slot ONLY
5) changing ur mobo isnt gonna help gamin ONE SINGLE BIT !
since u dun have an ag slot yes u might have to get a new one .. but u'll also have to get urself a graphic card ... a decent one if u want to play games

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
Is thr any site whr i can view the latest Mob of various brands and their prices.. iam frm chennai..

theraven

Technomancer
for asus boards there is asus.com

didnt u read what i wrote ? u wont get graphics performance by changin motherboards
are u plannin to buy a gpu as well ?

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
theraven said:
for asus boards there is asus.com

didnt u read what i wrote ? u wont get graphics performance by changin motherboards
are u plannin to buy a gpu as well ?

First of all my curr Mob doesnt hv a agp slot so iam unable to go 4 a gud graphics card.. for this reason i hv decided to upgrade my sys by purchasin a gud Mob with a agp slot.. and also go 4 a gud graphx card with a s-video out..

pls now sugg a gud mob accor to my sys config and a decent graphx card with s-video out.

TIA

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
How much can you spend for the GFX card ???

And mind you that you wont get good s-video out quality if you go for low end GFX cards !!!

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
I hv no idea how much a graphx card costs.. but i am in a mood to upgrade to mk my PC a gud one.. so no issues in price.. but totally not more than 8k(both Mob & Card)..

theraven

Technomancer
well ur options are limited
for ur processor u definitely need an 845 motherboard
so see if u can find one first
asus 845 will be for 2500
so in the remaining 5500 u can get urselg an nvidia 6600 i think
ull have to push in a few 100 bucks extra tho
this is worth it trust me
or u an save on the mobo a bit by gettin gigabyte for 2200 or mercury for 1900

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
theraven said:
well ur options are limited
for ur processor u definitely need an 845 motherboard
so see if u can find one first
asus 845 will be for 2500
so in the remaining 5500 u can get urselg an nvidia 6600 i think
ull have to push in a few 100 bucks extra tho
this is worth it trust me
or u an save on the mobo a bit by gettin gigabyte for 2200 or mercury for 1900
Really???
Only a month ago our local dealer told me that 6600 will cost me around 8000 for the non gt.
Its 5.5 k nowdays???????
Can u confirm it?
Then it will b gt8

G

gxsaurav

Intel 865GBF with XFX 6600GT AGP, 128 MB RAM,

any other card will be a bottleneck due to your CPU

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
gxsaurav said:
Intel 865GBF with XFX 6600GT AGP, 128 MB RAM,

any other card will be a bottleneck due to your CPU

Hey he was not ready to spend more than 8K for mobo+GFX card and XFX 6600GT AGP itself costs more than 7K so where are you going to get an Intel 865GBF for less than 1K ???

theraven

Technomancer
yeah 6600 is for abt 5.8k for BIG company
gt version is ard 8k and above and an 865 mobo is ard 4-5k
hence i wouldnt recommend what gxsaurav just did .

id still urge u to push it just a weebit more and get asus 845 + 6600 and an extra 256 mb of ram
that should be 2500+5800+1300 tops ...
totals to abt 9600 .. i think that'll be a very good upgrade for u for another year atleast

G

gxsaurav

woops i forgot to see that he is not ready to spend more then 8K on Mobo & gfxcard, but since he wants to go for gaming, I suggested 6600GT

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
well if u can push in few bucks den i guess 865+6600 is de best option 4 u if not 6600gt.845 quite old now dun think dat wil b a gud thin 2 do goin 4 a 845.

G

gxsaurav

he clearly said, he is an Hardcore gamer, now u guys tell me, if u can play hardcore on intel onboard gfx

i strongly suggest him to go for 865GBF, as it will provide him dual channel memory, something not found on 845 chipset, alongwith a 6600 non ultra with 128 MB RAM,

he can also go for 6200 with 128 MB RAM, but then he can forget the hardcore part

theraven

Technomancer
the reason i suggested 845 is because soon enough 865 will be phased out too
and its nto worth the upgrade from 845 to 865 ..
i shouldve mentioned this earlier than the price difference
but its true
also the gpu .. since this series uses AGP standard .. the next generation is PCIe with PCIe2 released ( according to what bat told me )
hence ur in a pool of obsolete sh!t ..
thats y i recommended something u can get by with till ur next major upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom