I have decided on these

1 GB transcend DDR2 533
160 GB HDD
17" Flat Monitor
Cabinet, mouse and Keyboard

I am left with Rs 10,000/- to select mother board and processor
I can add +1000 but not more than that

I am not buying Graphics card now,,

So please guide me to choose the motherboard with best onboard graphics and decent processor

should i go for AMD or Intel?

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
check my signature...............the combo i use comes under 10k n is worth every buck u pay. Run carbon at 30 fps with th onboard thing

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
amd x2 3800 may be better.........but then i dont think we can find a mobo supporting X2 with ati chipset...even if we do then price will shoot above 10k(i think so)

OP
karthik55859

karthik55859

Broken In
I heard Intel 965 got good onboard graphics,

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
The lowest of core2duo will cost about 8.5-9K only for the processor itself. So, think about it only if you are willing to extend you budget to 15K and beyond.

premsharma

In the zone
codename_romeo said:
check my signature...............the combo i use comes under 10k n is worth every buck u pay. Run carbon at 30 fps with th onboard thing

I would also recomend this processor & mobo combination for the said budget. No one has got better onboard graphics than ATI as on this board. Intel onboard graphics are Sh..i..t

saurav29

Waiting for 3 Miracles...
Man go for the Intel processor even if it means sticking to low end one..... HT, or D will not matter much........
And Yeah GGC2 board is very good..... I have one too..........
-------------------------------------------------------------------
My defense for Intel .... AMD guys no offense (I too agree that AMD processors are far more superior than intel proceesors when it comes to price, performance ratio) but my point is ever try go selling a AMD processor and Board,, Guys the second hand market frowns at the AMD stuff and jumps at Intel Stuff..........What i can Say the publicity department of intel is doing a really good job......... and their product is in demand even in second hand market and DUDE something tells me that sooner than later you are gonna go for upgrade......... If you wanna stick to your stuff for a lifetime (computers and not yours......say 3 years or 2) then it will not matter AMD or intel both will be ready for garbage bin........... In that case AMD will be a better deal.....

Peace
Raj

rajasekharan

Youngling
Go for x2 3600 . . Very good . . It does all my 3d work splendidly well :). Any onboard one. You can always upgrade the graphics card :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom