need infon on buyin a RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
i own a intel 845gvsr nd its only compatible till 333mhz RAM nd i want to buy a new 512 ram but i asked all d vendors at my place dey r tellin me tht only 400 upwards r available....or u can buy second hand i just want a new one so anyone know where can i find a new one plz tell me

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Digital Memory

Brand Digital Memory
Price Rs. 2400
Available At Digital IT Solutions (P) Ltd.
207, Skipper Corner,88 Nehru Place New Delhi
Phone : 26285712/13/98 , 26285713, 9811240697 *551, *547

mabe this wesite will be helpful to you. :) Nehru Place IT Hub

Ch@0s

In the zone
DDR400 is backward compatible with DDR333. If you put in a DDR400 module in a board that only supports 333, it'll work and work at better latencies giving you more performance.

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
Buy a DDR 400 module, it will function in your motherboard at 333 MHz. You will have no problem... :)

OP
S

shikhar_kapoor143

Broken In
man i got one as my assembler by mistake brought one nd as soon i tried to use it there was three beeps nd there was no booting....nd i have another ram of 333mhz so i guess its better i get one wid d same freq

Ch@0s

In the zone
shikhar_kapoor143 said:
man i got one as my assembler by mistake brought one nd as soon i tried to use it there was three beeps nd there was no booting....nd i have another ram of 333mhz so i guess its better i get one wid d same freq

Go to the bios and manually set the timings and clocks. Set the memory frequency to 333 and timings to 3-3-3-8. There's no reason why it shouldn't boot then.

ashfame

Padawan
ch@0s said:
DDR400 is backward compatible with DDR333. If you put in a DDR400 module in a board that only supports 333, it'll work and work at better latencies giving you more performance.

manas said:
Buy a DDR 400 module, it will function in your motherboard at 333 MHz. You will have no problem... :)

How can you say that 400mhz stick will work fine in a mobo which only supports till 333Mhz? I have heard they might smoke out :D:D:D:D

gannu_rox

In the zone
ashfame said:
How can you say that 400mhz stick will work fine in a mobo which only supports till 333Mhz? I have heard they might smoke out :D:D:D:D

Wat the... Smokin???

Just reduce d RAM FSB in d BIOS to 333... It'll work fine...

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
My cosuin has Same MOBO and he too was facing RAM issues. He had 256MB at 333MHZ.

We bought 512MB 400MHZ for 1450. At first it didnt work, but switching the old RAM to other slot and New RAM on slot worked :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom