Need Info abt PHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nareshwithu

Broken In
Hi guys can any1 gimme detail about PHP, 4rm wats its use to wats da scope of getting any job by doing PHP. Please any1 here can gimme detail about it ..

Thanks in Advance

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
nareshwithu said:
Hi guys can any1 gimme detail about PHP, 4rm wats its use to wats da scope of getting any job by doing PHP. Please any1 here can gimme detail about it ..
what kind of info? its very hot these days most of the sites are running on php
LAMP (linux,apatche,mysql,php/perl) runs more then 60% of websites these days
so you need learning info,E-books or anything else

OP
N

nareshwithu

Broken In
i just wanted to know wats dis PHP all abt n wats its response in market i came thru this lang thru a frend was just curios abt to know n yes if u can gimme me links of ebooks regarding PHP dat will be really helpful ...thanxs friends for reply...

Thank You

anilmail17

Journeyman
PHP is a server side scripting like ASP and JSP. PHP is powerfull and simple then any other Server side script. Its statements are derived from C langauge. for more detail visit www.php.net and try googling with php

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
well i would recommend these books from wrox press
  1. Beginning PHP5
  2. Professional PHP5
  3. Beginning PHP5, Apache, and MySQL Web Development
  4. Professional LAMP: Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP5 Web Development
after you've gone through them you'll have a solid understanding n practical experience Of LAMP development , now you can explore the LAMP world yourself n learn more cutting edge technologies n LAMP world .

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
best way to learn is by watching cbt's
and than read those books.

though php is not as powerful as asp.net or java as it is just a scripting language but it is easy to learn and it is very popular to develop midium size site

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Desi-Tek.com said:
though php is not as powerful as asp.net or java as it is just a scripting language but it is easy to learn and it is very popular to develop midium size site
mate Digg , Drupal , all are running on PHP . PHP is very well suited for any kind of site .

Last edited:

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
mate Digg , Drupal , all are running on PHP . PHP is very well suited for any kind of site .
is digg really complex? What they do is they connected front end to back end.
*java.sun.com/javaee/
*ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=267523

problem with php is it mix up design with business logic, lack of apis (you have to relay on third party api which is not secure and not all company prefer to use third party apis), you have to deal with security too like sql injection etc but in java u only have to take care of business logic .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom