need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

viruses

Journeyman
Hi,
i have ceratin questions and i hope to find my answers here.
1.what is the difference between a ddr and sdr ram.i am planning to upgrade my ram to 1gb and i have a p4-2.4ghz system with 256ddr ram with xp professional as os.sdr ram is quiet cheap compared to ddr.which is better and whats the difference.

2.all these time i have been using an ordinary mobile phone, very recently i brought a nokia 3230 with 512 memory card from a nokia priority dealer with softwares uploaded.but i dont now how to connect my phone to my pc.
can i do it through a memory card reader-how does one use it?it is just 250.but should i always emove my memiry card from my phone.

2.data cable?its a bit costly?

3.what i have to do to mak my pc a blue tooth.whats the price of that device and is it internal or external.
4.how much is infrared for pc and wether it is internal or external.

these questions may sound silly for you high tech guys but remember i am a no vice a complete no vice.
kindly help

thanks a lot.

shaunak

Tux Fan
viruses said:
Hi,
i have ceratin questions and i hope to find my answers here.
1.what is the difference between a ddr and sdr ram.i am planning to upgrade my ram to 1gb and i have a p4-2.4ghz system with 256ddr ram with xp professional as os.sdr ram is quiet cheap compared to ddr.which is better and whats the difference.

SD RAM stands for Single Data Random Access Memory. It has a different paging system. DDR stands for Double Data RAM. The names explain themselves. DDR Ram is much faster [in terms greater simultaneous data transfer] than SDRam.

Gussing from your config you are either running a 845 or 865 chipset.
You board (probably) supports upto 4GB of 400Mhz DDR ram.
I suggest you buy two 512 modules of DDR RAM [400mhz]

If you want to keep your existing module get 3 other of exactly the same make and manufacturer of your existing module.

This way you will have your modules run in dual channel mode.

[/quote]
2.all these time i have been using an ordinary mobile phone, very recently i brought a nokia 3230 with 512 memory card from a nokia priority dealer with softwares uploaded.but i dont now how to connect my phone to my pc.
can i do it through a memory card reader-how does one use it?it is just 250.but should i always emove my memiry card from my phone.

2.data cable?its a bit costly?

Data cables cost about 200Rs. You can connect it to your pc directly as Xp by default will recognize your phone. No need to buy a card reader. you can directly transfer data through your PC.
Your memory card will show up as a removable drive.

3.what i have to do to mak my pc a blue tooth.whats the price of that device and is it internal or external.
4.how much is infrared for pc and wether it is internal or external.
blutooth solns are more expensive than data cables and IR is very slow.
You need a Usb Bluetooth Stick for this. It costs about 400/- [external]
You can also buy a bluetooth card [internal]

these questions may sound silly for you high tech guys but remember i am a no vice a complete no vice.
kindly help

thanks a lot.
No question is ever silly.

Last edited:
OP
V

viruses

Journeyman
thanks a lot shaunak.
i have two 128mb ddr ram in the mother board which is 256ddr.

and regarding the mobile stuff.i heard that they cost around 2000rs so i am planning to buy a google bluetooth dongle which is around rs.600 i think.what do you suggest.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom