Need help with XP Ptro SP2 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nariman

Journeyman
Having failed to resolve problems with XP Pro SP2 formated my 'C' drive and reinstalled XP SP2, IE7 and all other software used by me.
Now m faced with 2 new problems.

1) When my grandson goes to www.wwe.com the home page opens with all graphics. However when he clicks on any one of the images he gets message "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close ...."
How do I resolve this problem ? Can anyone help me.

2) My daughter connected her office external 80 gb hdd to the USB2 port. Got message new hardware found, name of the hardware and software loaded and the dive was ready to us.
Unfortunately she could not find the extenal HDD in My Computer.

However it showed up as 'K' drive in Disk management and from there she could access all here folders and files except for Outlook Express In Box because she could notimport hermsgs as the drive was not shown in My Computer.
How do I resolve this ? Please hlp.
Regards
Nariman

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
was there any problem while re-installing XP.Are you facing any more problem??How long have you re-install ur XP??

OP
N

Nariman

Journeyman
Hi Ravi 9793
Installed XP last week with no problems.
No other problem to my knowledge so far
Nariman

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
about the first 1st problem, does it happen only when www.wwe.com is opened or does it crash with other sites too?

try re-installing IE7 (freshly download again from here - IE7)

OP
N

Nariman

Journeyman
Hi
Sorry for not responding earlier.
It seems that the problem with www.wwe.com got fixed unwittingly without any special effort on my part.
Last Thursday night before retitinh changed the IE7 Security settings as suggested by Will Small.
The next day my grandson told me that the origram is working fine. It seems there was a problem with IE7 Security Settings.
The problem with the External HDD could not be checked as my daughter has taken back the same to heroffice.
Regards
Nariman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom