Need help with VCD (.dat) files

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemantpl

Broken In
Hi everyone,

I have two .dat files that my friend copied from some VCD. I have following problems with ONLY these two .dat file:

1. These files refuse to open in any player other than XingMPEG Player. (Ihave tried all other softwares VCD Cutter, Zoom player,WMP 9,etc.. almost all players from digit CD's). These files open without any problem in Xing.
2. I have tried reencoding these files with TMPEG enc, VCD Gear, VCD easy, Flask MPG, mpeg4_maker, etc. but these file cant even open in any of softwares.
3. I have tried adding thse files to Nero VCD compilation but at 1st I get msg-> Stream encoding which is invalid for [Super]VCD, at this msg I choose Re-encode video but got msg-> AVSEQ.mpg. Unsupported file format. I then selected Turn off standard compliance and continue and burnt the file on CDRW, but when I tested the file the was unable to start in Xing or anyother player.
4. After all this I tried opening the file VirtualDub but got msg-> MPEG Import Filter: packet sync error on packet stream (3fbf8)
5.After this I tried cutting the file with VCD Clipper (VCD Cutter wont work), and I was able to cut the files and tried all above things but the same results.

I know that .dat files contain some info about the file in its header for VCD and then the actual AV stream. Please I request you all to suggest me following:

1. Solution to above problem
2. Link to page where I can get info about the structure of VCD .dat files.
3. Any other software which could alow me to write VCD with these files.
4. Any software which would alow me to change or repair header of the files.

I have dialup connection and its really hard to search for this on the net so please tell me some solution.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
hemantpl said:
Hi everyone,
I have dialup connection and its really hard to search for this on the net so please tell me some solution.

C'mon man even i have a dialup connection but i am not afraid to search for anything on the net...

FasTrack

Journeyman
K, Go2 the site called Webroot.com and download the connection optimiser though 4 trial, it's a gr8 piece of software which really does what it says, Try it out.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
hemantpl said:
Hi everyone,

I have two .dat files that my friend copied from some VCD. I have following problems with ONLY these two .dat file:

1. These files refuse to open in any player other than XingMPEG Player. (Ihave tried all other softwares VCD Cutter, Zoom player,WMP 9,etc.. almost all players from digit CD's). These files open without any problem in Xing.
2. I have tried reencoding these files with TMPEG enc, VCD Gear, VCD easy, Flask MPG, mpeg4_maker, etc. but these file cant even open in any of softwares.
3. I have tried adding thse files to Nero VCD compilation but at 1st I get msg-> Stream encoding which is invalid for [Super]VCD, at this msg I choose Re-encode video but got msg-> AVSEQ.mpg. Unsupported file format. I then selected Turn off standard compliance and continue and burnt the file on CDRW, but when I tested the file the was unable to start in Xing or anyother player.
4. After all this I tried opening the file VirtualDub but got msg-> MPEG Import Filter: packet sync error on packet stream (3fbf8)
5.After this I tried cutting the file with VCD Clipper (VCD Cutter wont work), and I was able to cut the files and tried all above things but the same results.

I know that .dat files contain some info about the file in its header for VCD and then the actual AV stream. Please I request you all to suggest me following:

1. Solution to above problem
2. Link to page where I can get info about the structure of VCD .dat files.
3. Any other software which could alow me to write VCD with these files.
4. Any software which would alow me to change or repair header of the files.

Dude packet sync error cud be due to variable bit rate audio. Try this get Virtual Dub Mod from *virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net/. Then try opening the dat file in VdubMod. Set Video to direct stream copy and save the audio stream as uncompressed wave audio(PCM). Post your results first then we'll see what happens. If this thing is succesful then u can smply mux the audio and video.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well i think that the media present on it is either heavily scratched or damaged.these errors are basically because of some internal error but they tend to only come up in pc's but playing them on a standard Video cd player will work.

atool

Journeyman
try this...

try k-lite mega codec pack...and play the file in media player intigrted with it....worked for me..

theraven

Technomancer
@blade_runner
it could just be codecs couldnt it ?
like atool said .. get k-lite codec pack and try
also in tmpgenc under option => environmental settings => vfapi plugins set directshow multimedia file reader to a higher priority than 3 ( ie. 2 or preferably one)
try it ...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
koolbluez said:
Try this How to repair a (S)VCD

Come on dude why ressurect this dead thread.....btw its abt 7 months old....and then u come up with an answer!!!! NO offence pal but i reckon u dun dig up old threads unless that urgency of situation :wink:

swatkat

Technomancer
Try this, Get SuperDecoder and play the files with it....
*khabir17.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/superdecoder.zip
or

get VCDGear and try to convet them to MPEG with the option "Fix mpeg errors" enabled....
*www.vcdgear.com/

avinashsakhardande

Right off the assembly line
How to write 800 MB dat file in 700 mb CD?

Dear Friends

I have 1 movie installed on my PC which is of 820 MB.

I have tried cutting it with Windows Movie Maker but the filke size remains the same and the quality also matters

Can anybody help me with this problem.

Is there any sofware of writting 800 MB's of dat files in 1 700 Mb's CD

Mail me at avinashsakhardande@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

S

SE><IE

burn the dat file as a VCD and you should have no problem. Movie CD is created on the basis of length not size

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
avinashsakhardande, if the "movie on the pc" is in dat/mpg/mpeg form and within 82min, u can easily write it as vcd option in nero or other writin software.

A 700mb cd also means 80min of video data. so if ur movie is an mpg/mpeg/dat, it is of vcd format, meanin it can be written as vcd in nero using the respective options present. Actually we can burn upto 82min also.
So don't look at the size in mpg files, look @ the time-length.

If other formats, see if the length is within 80 min. If so, convert to vcd format again and write. Both can be done with Nero or it's sub-softwares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom