Need Help With My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi guys

I am Making a blog . The articles contained in the blog are quite long . Now i want to make the articles shirt ( say about a paragraph ) and want to give a link at the end of the paragraph like " read more " . When the user clicks on the link the whole articles will get displayed .

How do i do it.

I am making my blog on wordpress.com

Thanks in Advance

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
One way I can think of would be to put the pilot para and the main post on two seperate divs. Give a link like "Read more". In the onclick of the link, toggle the "display" style attribute of the main content from "none" to "block".
This method is good only for relatively medium sized posts.

Deep

Version 2.0
In the text editor click on the button next to Image button..

it will add read more link to the post automatically..

here is the screenshot...

*img370.imageshack.us/img370/1994/wpeditor9cv.jpg

Deep

thecyclone2k

In the zone
They are different. A blog is usually of an individual while website can be of an individual, a company, etc. The content in website is more diverse compared to blogs. Blogs are basically personal opinions and websites can be of different subject.

OP
M

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks for the help deep . You surely rock dude .

Well I have some more queries .

I have written about 7 posts in my blog in 3 categories . When i am opening the blog are the posts are getting displayed . Now i want the posts of only a particular category to be displayed when i open the blog . Can i do it .

I also want to add a counter to keep track of no of people visiting my blog . Which site i can find one .

And one more thing ,
The categories and Archives window are being displayed in the last . i want it to be displayed in the beginning .

Tallywacker

Right off the assembly line
thecyclone2k said:
They are different. A blog is usually of an individual while website can be of an individual, a company, etc. The content in website is more diverse compared to blogs. Blogs are basically personal opinions and websites can be of different subject.

Thanks for the information Mr.thecyclone2k. Appriciated.

Deep

Version 2.0
mako_123 said:
Thanks for the help deep . You surely rock dude .

Well I have some more queries .

I have written about 7 posts in my blog in 3 categories . When i am opening the blog are the posts are getting displayed . Now i want the posts of only a particular category to be displayed when i open the blog . Can i do it .

I also want to add a counter to keep track of no of people visiting my blog . Which site i can find one .

And one more thing ,
The categories and Archives window are being displayed in the last . i want it to be displayed in the beginning .

To display posts related to specific categories on home page, you will have to edit the PHP code and modify the sql queries but it wont be possible with wordpress.com

Datacounter script can be downloaded from various free stats site but again wordpress.com wont allow it...

To display cat and archive on top you need to edit sidebar.php and again i wont be possible with wordpress.com

Regards,
Deep

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Yes Blogs can be started for free!

Try these sites for setting up free blogs:

www.blogger.com - best, allows template editing, great features, misses category feature which can be enabled using some tweaks.

www.wordpress.com - very user friendly and easy to use, great themes to select from, disallows themes editing, plugins and your own ads

Use Wordpress software on your own webhosting or server from Wordpress.org - best option - all features available, very flexible and powerful.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
WordPress is better .. Cauz you can have spam filtering plugins and better comment management ...

Btw .. You can also use tag if you dont use that rich text editor .. I use w.Bloggar for my posts .. :D

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
mako_123 said:

Try this hack .. :p

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
No .. I saw the other post after I posted the first reply ... And as both were different queries I didnt edit my first post.

champ_rock

champ_rock
how to add a "read more " link in blogger or any other blog site........

blogger does not have the feature mentoned by Deep in the second post.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom