need help with Mpeg4

Status
Not open for further replies.

knaadhan

Broken In
hi guys...i recently went to the market to purchase a standalone DVD player (chinese make) which could play Divx efficiently also....it also claimed to play mpeg4 format...but when i put in a mpeg4 movie, it couldnt play it...the movie was encoded into Nero Mpeg4 format using nero recode...is the mpeg4 advertised by the player different from the nero mpeg4 then? What software do i need to encode into a mpeg4 format that can be played by the player? Please help guys...

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
First of all don't buy these cheap Chinese goods. Your player won't even be supporting MPEG-4!! Do you have a manual of it that says that it supports the following formats? Now if you want to play it on the DVD , you must encode it in a format it understands(supports) , try DivX format and burn it to a DVD.

knaadhan said:
hi guys...i recently went to the market to purchase a standalone DVD player (chinese make) which could play Divx efficiently also....it also claimed to play mpeg4 format...but when i put in a mpeg4 movie, it couldnt play it...the movie was encoded into Nero Mpeg4 format using nero recode...is the mpeg4 advertised by the player different from the nero mpeg4 then? What software do i need to encode into a mpeg4 format that can be played by the player? Please help guys...

DivX, Xvid are MPEG-4 based. The player manufacturer is not making any false claims.

BUT, here's the problem. You're player is capable of MPEG-4 ASP (Advanced Simple Profile) playback ONLY.

Nero MPEG-4 and Quicktime use MPEG-4 AVC (Advanced Video Coding) and your player won't decode these streams.

-Keith

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom