Need help to decide on N82

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalyan

Journeyman
Hi all..
I have visited mobilestore yesterday and they quoted the price of Rs. 19199/- for the N82 black. They have this scratch card offer of travel package/ipod/samsung digital cam/Rs.10,000/- cashback. One of these 4 would be on the scratch card and one for sure. I am pretty confident that many of us would get the travel package which would not be very usable. but still, I am now in a dilema whether to go for this or wait for the price review after the release of N79 and N85? It is so temptative to buy the N82 but still, I am in a dilema. Please could anyone of u suggest/guide me in taking the right decission?

I am currently using SE K750i(modded to W800i).
How much price reduce could one expect for N82 after the release of 79 & 85?

Thanks in advance

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
I would wait for n85 ... only missing thing is xenon ..its better than n82 in every other aspect ..

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
If you have no problem with the budgetory part,i would recommend you to wait for the n85 but it will be priced around 28-29k...but if u can't afford it i would recommend you go for the n82...as far as the price drop is concerned...most definitely it will fall prolly go down to 18.8-19k...just a guess...average current price assuming today is 19.4k...

LegendKiller

In the zone
n85 with 8gb memory is priced around 650-680 dollars in the west which translates to approx.29k.
and even i was considering buying n85 earlier but after seeing the price i might buy n79 which should be around 22k or if its still steeper i will buy n82 black.

i think we should wait

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ C905 is a java one .....how can it would be a ultimate killer ??

When you throw a C905 at a person and if it hits him in the head, he dies instantly. That's what he meant by " The Ultimate Killer". :)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
When you throw a C905 at a person and if it hits him in the head, he dies instantly. That's what he meant by " The Ultimate Killer". :)

The n95 or your infamous N91 share the cause too. Btw, the C905 is based on a new platform,i.e. 8.4 which includes a lot more features to non-smartphone phones.

Snf the TS has been using a k750, so the C905 will suit him just fine.The best cam phone in the market that has wifi,gps and awesome sound.

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
i used the same phone before 3 months ago --- the features and the usage are satisfied --- but the phone can not take stress on tough usage ---- next is video clarity on media songs --- i ve heard that n85 is better on that video too ------- if u wait for some months 2-3 months sony ericsson going to launch 8.1 mega pixel phone priced around 30k---- the camera is highly clarity and the video will give u more fps than the n82 & other 5.1 mp model available now!!!!!!!!!!!!

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
i used the same phone before 3 months ago --- the features and the usage are satisfied --- but the phone can not take stress on tough usage ---- next is video clarity on media songs --- i ve heard that n85 is better on that video too ------- if u wait for some months 2-3 months sony ericsson going to launch 8.1 mega pixel phone priced around 30k---- the camera is highly clarity and the video will give u more fps than the n82 & other 5.1 mp model available now!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmm N82 plays VGA @ 30 fps and i am damn sure C905 will not be able to do more or even that much.

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
hmm N82 plays VGA @ 30 fps and i am damn sure C905 will not be able to do more or even that much.

it plays its own video recording ----- but using real media format see the fps--------:)):)):)) and also it cannot run the mpeg4 format in good video

Power UP

In the zone
it plays its own video recording ----- but using real media format see the fps--------:)):)):)) and also it cannot run the mpeg4 format in good video
It records and plays encoded mpeg4 videos upto 640x480 at 30fps :rolleyes:
The built in Real player supports hardware acceleration and coupled with a 3D Graphics HW Accelerator, it plays videos smoothly.
Heck u can even set the bitrate as high as 2000 kbps.

Just get an good software like Super or Media coder, and then just encode away :p

It will be risk for still you are crazy about go and pick but I won't say to go for scratch if you are bend upon to buy n82 go directly in shop or online purchasing so that you can surely get your item in your hand or you can wait up to releasin date of others can compare and then choose.

OP
Kalyan

Kalyan

Journeyman
Guyz..
thanks a lot for your suggestions. Went to mobile store yesterday. but unfortunately, he didnt have a piece at that time. now, I had come up with some money constraints so, I dropped the decission. But still, how much might the N79 and N85 cost? and would the price drop be just 5-600 as "Ronnie11" said? personally, I dont like the looks of nokia phones. SE's are much better and look sturdy. I am using the K750i and love it. I just want to try my hand at Symbian. So, I wanted to go for N82.
I cant shed more than 20k for the mobile(of course, 20k is still high for me). Since the mobile store guy hadnt the N82, he tried to show me the 6220c which had similar features, and the Samsung touch screen one (F480) But I rejected them. N82 doesnt look too good for looks. But as far as the reviews go, I am kind of drawn to it. I would go for a symbian this time.

anyways thanks for all your concern.. any better suggestions than N82 are welcome.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
my first phone was k750i .. fantastic device ..at that time, me too used to think se phones to be better than nokia ones until i got first taste of symbian os in n73 .. i have moved to n82 to n95 8gb ..

since u dont want to spend more than 20k .. n82 is the way to go .. wait till n85 and specially n79 is launched ..

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
n82's build is very strong to be honest...n79 starts at 22500/- & n85 should start at around 28-29k...85 has been released abroad..should come to india soon

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
n79 should start at 19k .. and n85 at 23k .. also, n82 should be in the range of 15k .. that would be great ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom