NEED HELP!! pc WON'T boot, No bios access, SIREN like noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

rage_666

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,

need help badly!!! Recently my Case fan (not Processor fan) had started making a lot of noise,so i disconnected it cleaned it and plugged it back into the motherboard again. However after i did this the Pc started normally only once or twice but after that as soon as i switch on the power supply,a siren like noise starts coming from the pc internal speakers.

I have checked that the ram is inserted properly and even changed the ram module. The same problem still persists.

I have even consulted a technician whose conclusion is that the the cpu is faulty. however i find this hard to believe.

What could be the problem ? Can anyone comment. :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The PC is an AMD athlon xp 1500+ and the MB is ASUS A7N266VM running award bios.

Check out the mobo manual. I was going thru my manual when I came to know the siren is an indicator of over heating of the CPU. Since you have disc the fan...just check whether it running now. Its purely related to your CPU.

d

Journeyman
tommy_vercetti, he's said case fan, not cpu fan....

some mobo's hv a fan check included in their POST....check if ur bios/mobo has that kind of check......if yes, then it could be that ur fan connector has a problem.....i'm assuming tht ur fan connector is three pin n derives the power from the mobo, not the other variety tht has a 4 pin molex connector to the SMPS.....

OP
R

rage_666

Right off the assembly line
hi GUYS,

i HAVE BEEN REALL BUSY but i have discovered that this is most likely a cpu related problem .This problem is called the two tome siren problem.

I need to fix this now. will get back to you with the result

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
open the processor and fix it again, clear the cmos, remove the ram and check the beep if it is same then it is a case of corrupted bios
insert a vga card and lokk for the screen "BAD CMOS CHECKSUM"

if not it may be a case of faulty ram
any way mail to me after doing all this i will help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom