Need help on Notebook Processors

Which factor is more important for comparison of performance of notebook processors

• L2 Cache Size

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

k_mridul

Broken In
I want to buy laptop for mysef so i decided to look for processors first
but after searching intel site for processors available for notebook, i was a bit confused to choose one of them.

1. Intel® Pentium® M Processor
2. Mobile Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor supporting Hyper-Threading Technology
3. Mobile Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor
4. Mobile Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor-M
5. Intel® Celeron® M Processor
6. Mobile Intel® Celeron® Processor

currently i am using a destop pc having P4 2.4c (HT@800Mhz), D865GBF motherboard, 256MB-DDR@400Mhz, 80GB@7200RPM, Combo-Drive.

i am very well satisfied by the performance of my pc but now my need is to have portability with almost same performance and good battery life (abt 4 hrs).

so pls help me choosing a notebook processor acc. to my reqirements

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
ok...firstly, u dont need just the L2 cache size and the FSB 2 determine good processors...lemme go thru all ur choices based on what i considered when i bought my laptop...
Pentium M aka Centrino: gr8 battery life and wireless built in...a lil expensive and lower clock speeds...
P4 with HT...best in class if u want a desktop replacement...get a P4 with 800 MHz FSB....and u will b able 2 play the latest games and get performance similar 2 ur desktop...downside: bad battery life

Mobile P4: good but not as good as P4 with HT...battery life is better though
4 is the same as 3
celeron M...go 4 it only if u r on a low budget...

same as above...

u need 2 sort out 2 issues: what will u do with ur laptop and is battery life that important...also remember that laptops with the P4s will b heavy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom