Need help: mplayer ploblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Hello everyone,

I have a problem playing .3gp files with mplayer. Whenever I try to play .3gp files with mplayer, the video plays ok but there is no sound. It says...

cannot find codec for audio format 0x62776173

mplayer plays other files correctly. Is there any solution for my problem. Please help...

Subrata Bera.

OP
subratabera

subratabera

I am using FEDORA CORE 5.
mpalyer version --> mplayer-1.0-0.46.pre8.lvn5
ffmpeg version --> ffmpeg-0.4.9-0.23.20060817.lvn5
gsm version --> gsm-1.0.10-10.lvn5

Please help me installing amr codec...

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Follow this *www.rezsoft.org/3gp/
Steps 7 and 8 aren't needed in your case.
But you may download that if you want to convert videos into 3gp format. I have placed the myth3gp file in /usr/bin and made it executable, so as to avail it from any directory.

OP
subratabera

subratabera

Thanks tech_your_future for your help...
I am trying it now...
I will post the result in a while.

Subrata Bera.

Subrata Bera.

Last edited:

mehulved

Open a terminal and paste the following line
Code:
cvs -z9 -d:pserver:anonymous@mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg co ffmpeg
Once this task is finished
Code:
cd ffmpeg
./configure --enable-amr_nb
cd libavcodec
mkdir amr_float
cd amr_float
Now at this point you should get a message about downloading certain package. Say yes. Save the download in amr_float folder if not already done so.
Code:
cp makefile.gcc makefile
cd ../..
su
make
cp ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
This should do. If you get stuck at any point just tell at what point were you stuck and what happened just before and error message, if any.

Last edited:
OP
subratabera

subratabera

I have found something else and downloading it right now...

There is a compiled ffmpeg rpm with amr support for fedora core 5 at --> *kwizart.free.fr/fedora/5/i386/ffmpeg-amr-0.4.9-0.28.20060917.kwizart.FC5.i386.rpm

Post the result soon...

Subrata Bera.

mehulved

OK I guess that might work. Well I personally prefer compiling from source. But, if you can get this to work, go ahead, you can learn compiling some time later.

OP
subratabera

subratabera

I will try your method also if the given method fails.

BTW Thankyou once again for your help...

Subrata Bera.

mehulved

Well rather than installing this manually just check if it exists in yum or whatever package manager you are using. Cos it will solve dependancy problems, if any.

mediator

Technomancer
One thing more, download "win32codec" pack too. SInce the day I installed it and "real player 10 Gold", I haven't experienced any problems yet playing any file format.

mehulved

Nope it should never come to Linux and never will. We don't need such proprietory products when we have such great Open Source ones. Just visit *www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/projects.html. Well this is just one of the many teams working on multimedia projects.

OP
subratabera

subratabera

Thankyou very much friends for your support and help,

I have installed Real Player and win32codec pack and now there is no problem in playing 3gp and other media files. 3gp files playing perfectly with Real Player.

But I am trying to play 3gp files with mplayer (as a challange). And post the solution if successful. My system has now two versions of ffmpeg installed but I think mplayer is using the previous version(downlaoded from livna). I am in search for a possible solution to configure mplayer to use the second version(from kwizart) which has the amr support.

Thanks once again.

Subrata Bera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom