need help in opengl basic programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

harikrishnat

Broken In
hello friends
i am planing to do my final year project in computer graphics..
for that my HOD told me to learn opengl programming.
i have to learn basic drawings of line, circle, rectangle, clearing screen etc..

i know c and c++ and i use turbo c,

the problem is i downloaded GLUT and utility libraries from opengl.org
and copied the header files and .dll files to their respective locations.

when i include those header files in my program compiler gives lots of errors in those header files itself....
i tried it in visual c++ also, those example programs doesnt work.. problem with header files here also..

please help me.. tell me how to make this working...
and also tell me how to start my programming.

thankyou

aditya_v

Broken In
i know c and c++ and i use turbo c,
TC won't work.. because opengl wasn't made when TC was released. (1992).

you need visual studio, or code::blocks for this. if using GNU based IDE ( like code::blocks) then you need to use GLFW library as glut doesn't work correctly without unnecessary modifications.

Code::blocks comes with an default project option for opengl. I hav a tutorial for setting up a opengl development environment with code blocks here.
*adityaon.wordpress.com/2008/07/05/opengl-development-environment/

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
If windows is ur only platform then OpenGL is not much beneficial. Instead go for Direct3D. Download the DirectX SDK and use it with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition which is totally free.......The directX SDK also includes lot of samples from drawing simple shapes to advanced features like 128-bit HDR ligthing and it i'll be very useful for u......and using DirectX with VC++ is a piece of cake.......... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom