Need Help in Lan Networking RepLy Me FaSt

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsonicsid

Right off the assembly line
hey , i have a Local Internet ( Dishnet ) at my home , my network is very small & most of my friends are not on the same LAN Connection , i stay on 3rd floor of my building , 1 of my friend who stays on 9th floor also has Internet ( Pace net ) which is totally on the other Network , on that Network (pace net) most of my friends are sharing the files with the help of DC++ Software thru LAN Connection , all of them are on same Network(pacenet), so they r using the LAN Connection for sharing the files & they r getin around 1-2MB/Sec
now i wanna ask u 1 thing
i have 2 LAN Cards
on 1st LAN Card my Dishnet Local Internet in there
on 2nd LAN Card nothing is there .
so if i bought a T- Connector (which can split 1 wire in to 2 i.e 1:2 Lan splitter , Cross over cable & RJ45 Connector , will i b able to connect to Pacenet Network with the help of my friend's LAN

If i join a wire From my friends INTERNET wire(pacenet Network) to my PC & put it on my 2nd Lan Card ,will it work properly with the ip settings

Plzz plzz Help me . guide me in this problem without the help of any HUB OR SWITCH , give me a easest & simplest solution

Actually a switch (at ur frnds place, with straight rj45 cnxns to your 2nd lan card) will be your simplest solution, rather than splitting wires etc. If your splitting, be ready to experiment. Hard to comment without actually knowing the way things are connected at your place.

If i join a wire From my friends INTERNET wire(pacenet Network) to my PC & put it on my 2nd Lan Card ,will it work properly with the ip settings

That's downright illegal. :lol:

Whatever you do, you'll end up leeching illegally from Pacenet. Not a good thing if they find out. Also other Pacenet user in your apartment may complain due to increased contention ratios as they have to bear with another (illegal) user.

Keith

digen

Youngling
Its certainly illegal even if it is possible to connect to other ISP's internal subnet network.
Though you could share resources with you friend by using either a hub or switch & connecting using the appropriate cable as Keith has suggested but sharing resources with the other ISP's network is well out of question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom