Need help in downloading images

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashang

Journeyman
I want to download a series of images that are uploaded in image uploading site. I have tried DAP, internet download manager but both failes to do so.
How to download image from image uploading site with just a link nad without entering image uploading site

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
If the images have filename which have series of numbers something like Img001.jpg to Img099.jpg then you can use batch downloads which are available in most of the download managers.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
If you post what exactly and from where you want to download then we can check and tell you exact procedure rather than taking guesses

slugger

Banned
u cud use an offline browser an select d levels upto which u wanna download d files

on dis site 2 levels shud b enuf [first take u 2 d page were all d thunmnails r present and second will dl d jpg files]

i think dat using HTTrack u can just download d images try it and keep us posted

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ HTTrack is a awesom software and its free :D , can even download whole website using it. :cool:

casanova

The Frozen Nova
HTTrack not working great for me. This site shows images by using an ASP Script. I will need to download the entire website for the images. Further, this site allows only limited bandwidth to be used anyday.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
When the images load just check the locaton of the file and then you can use with incremental numbers.

for example you can check with this

*media1.santabanta.com/full1/indian celebrities(f)/esha deol/esh40a.jpg

other images are in the series esh41a.jpg,esh43a.jpg,esh43a.jpg ... etc etc..

casanova

The Frozen Nova
*www.santabanta.com/wallpapers/rating.asp?high=2&catid=442075 => This is the first link I opened that is having a wallpaper

When I click the previous button,
*www.santabanta.com/wallpapers/rating.asp?catid=442075&down=1
is opened
When I hit previous button again, below link is opened.
*www.santabanta.com/wallpapers/rating.asp?catid=442074&down=1

The link you provided is perfect, but how can I configureit download it that way, as there are no hyperlinks on that link?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Use FDM , Create a batch download using Downloads>Batch Downloads , then enter *media1.santabanta.com/full2/indian celebrities(f)/amrita arora/amr(*)a.jpg as the address where * is wildcard , enter 75-80 and then click download.

To get the direct link from the webpage you are viewing right click then image and select properties, copy the location the the image and you will get the direct link. Open you Download manager and use Batch download as I said above. Please note that the way to configure the batch download varied from different download managers. I suggest you get FDM as its very simple.

EDIT: Remember the file name numbers can vary. Like for S&B you have *media1.santabanta.com/full1/indian celebrities(f)/amrita arora/amr73a.jpg

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Thanks for all your help charang. It was a nice thing I already had FDM installed. Was trying with downloads so faced the following problems.

There are 3 different resolutions on the site
1. 800*600
2.1024*768
3.1280*1024

Now the website links differs according to the resolution. All wallpapers are available in 800*600 resolution and few in 1024*768 and fewer in 1280*1024

So links according to resolution go this way for the same wallpaper
800*600 => *media1.santabanta.com/full/indian celebrities(f)/amrita arora/amr75a.jpg
1024*768 =>*media1.santabanta.com/full1/indian celebrities(f)/amrita arora/amr75a.jpg
1280*1024 => *media1.santabanta.com/full2/indian celebrities(f)/amrita arora/amr75a.jpg

Now I can use star in front of 2 because it will download the wallpaper in all the resolutions which is not needed.

also the last character can be either from a-z but only one amongst it.
I mean it can be like amr75a, amr12v, amr3h
Now if i use a wildcard for character, and a wallpaper doesn't exist, then it downlods a blank file of 4040 bytes.
eg
amr75a is there so amr75b-amr75z will be blank

Final issue, I have to do it for every category. I know it wont be possible to do it for one and all because of complexity. So, I am okay with it. Just help for the above 2 probs

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@casanova sorry for the late reply( was away from computer ), the site has different formats to the last characters , you have to check how the images are names and numbered. This can only be done using trial and error.

I did notice the 4040B files thats simply because the file was not available, you can simply delete those. I think Batch downloads is doing what you wanted but cannot meet your expectations because the site has different naming style.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Yes, the 4040 bytes are because the file is not avaiable. But the problem is for every wallpaper I download, have to delete 25 such files. There is an advanced button that asks for the minimum size, but it is not working.

It is not working like I wanted it to but definitely it is helping me. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom