need help in configuring scanner and bluetooth in linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
my scanner: BenQ 4300U
current linux: SuSE 9.1 pro

i'm not able to configure my scanner to work in linux...i have tried sane but it doesnt support my model.
i have tried configuring it on both FC2 and SuSE(tried configuring it thru kooka) but failed. BenQ doesnt have any drivers for linux.

and...
FC2 didnt detect my bluetooth at all (not even kuzdu on startup)
suse atleast gives a popup when i plug in the dongle but i cannot get it to work.(its a widcomm device)

oh yeah, i tried googling but no luck.
can any1 help me on this?
:roll:

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
sreevirus said:
i have tried configuring it on both FC2 and SuSE(tried configuring it thru kooka) but failed. BenQ doesnt have any drivers for linux.
That's the precise answer to your problem.... If the hardware vendours are not willing to support other operating systems and just stick to the one OS, then what can we do ? As a customer we expect scanner vendour to provide us with linux drivers....

SANE comes with some drivers of some models of scanners... and most of those drivers are reverse engineered... sane developers have a hard time figuring out how the device works in the absence of linux drivers....

sreevirus said:
FC2 didnt detect my bluetooth at all (not even kuzdu on startup)suse atleast gives a popup when i plug in the dongle but i cannot get it to work.(its a widcomm device)
I hope this can help you...
Bluetooth hardware support list for BlueZ
*www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/devices.html

Perhaps you have to install Bluez ... *www.bluez.org

Also check out these links...
*bluez.sourceforge.net/
*multisync.sourceforge.net/
*kde-bluetooth.sourceforge.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom