Not open for further replies.

assasin

Banned
Hi Guys! Need ur help again
I'm gonna buy a lcd monitor in bout 10-12k.My requirements r:
1>Sud hav DVI input.
2>response time sud be bout 4ms - 8ms.
3>Sud hav a wide viewing angle.
4>Sud hav good color reproduction and good brightness 2 contrast ratio.

So plz suggest some good models.
Thnx in advance.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
For 13.5k (including tax) you'll can get BENQ 19" widescreen or AOC 19" WS. Else increase your budget to around 15K and get SAMSUNG 940BW (widescreen) or 940B (normal). Another good brand would be VIEWSONIC check their site for different models.
If you want to buy an 17" lcd with DVI then get SyncMaster 740B, it will cost you around 10.5k

azad

Broken In
wat abt the 17" samsung 740N lcd? it offers a native resolution of 1280x1024 with a refresh rate of 75 Hz and its well suited in your budget

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
assasin said:
Hi Guys! Need ur help again
I'm gonna buy a lcd monitor in bout 10-12k.My requirements r:
So plz suggest some good models.
Thnx in advance.
Basically u r looking for jack of all trades LCD & u wont find one in ur budget.
1>Sud hav DVI input.
What is ur purpose gaming, movies, graphics etc??? DVI is better for graphic since it gives a digital output.

2>response time sud be bout 4ms - 8ms.
Many choices are available but truth of the matter is that these ms timings are for grey to grey & not real black to white.....................so dont run after numbers alone, understand what u need that fast ms timing for........do u game?

3>Sud hav a wide viewing angle.
How wide? Most TN panels will fit into ur budget but their horizontal wide angle is still not what they rate & vertical wide angle (viewing angle) is less than hrizontal.

4>Sud hav good color reproduction and good brightness 2 contrast ratio.
Color is a subjective choice & most high end graphic purpose LCd produce superior colors but will have low response time starting from 12-16ms.

So moral of this is that u wont get 'all-in-one' LCD, define ur purpose & then make a choice.
Hope this helps.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
If u can stretch the budget to 14k then can try this one:

BENQ FP92W (widescreen, 16:10, 4 ms).

BenQ is really gaining pace in India. Else u are free to choose what u like.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
@ranjan2001 My main purpose is gaming and movies.Since i hav a 6600 gfx crd so i'm searching 4 dvi input.Thnx 4 ur informative post.

@T159 By how much do i hav to increase my budget.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
assasin said:
@ranjan2001 My main purpose is gaming and movies.Since i hav a 6600 gfx crd so i'm searching 4 dvi input.Thnx 4 ur informative post.
Then go for Viewsonic 1912wb 19" wide lcd. 13600/-here in delhi , not sure which city u belong to

It has DVI & dvi -sub excelent color reproduction right out of the box. I tried many & can recomend that model, though I finally bought another one 20inch.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
ranjan2001 said:
Then go for Viewsonic 1912wb 19" wide lcd. 13600/-here in delhi , not sure which city u belong to

It has DVI & dvi -sub excelent color reproduction right out of the box. I tried many & can recomend that model, though I finally bought another one 20inch.

Just wanted to put in that the Viewsonic does not support HDMI while the samsung 940bw has DVI+HDMI.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Thats why I earlier said you wont find ALL-IN-1 LCD, though I remember that viewsonic launched another new version of the same having that feature , but not sure if its available here in India.

940BW is a TN panel & viewing angle vertically is quite less than the horizontal & the menu is too confusing to set.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
^^^ Since LG & Samsung service centers r near my house soi've decided to buy a Sumsung LCD Monitor.The 2 models that i've short listed r
940BW and 931BW.
Now i cant decide which one i sud buy.

Ch@0s

In the zone
techno_funky said:
Just wanted to put in that the Viewsonic does not support HDMI while the samsung 940bw has DVI+HDMI.

Rubbish :p. It has DVI and D-Sub(VGA). The DVI port supports HDCP. Not that HDCP matters anyway.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
Ch@0s said:
Rubbish :p. It has DVI and D-Sub(VGA). The DVI port supports HDCP. Not that HDCP matters anyway.

Oh Hell!! yea sheesh i got confused between hdmi and hdcp ,yeps the viewsonic aint got HDCP while the sammy does. :p
Although HDCP would matter when playing DRM'd media ,a device that is not HDCP compliant will be feeded the downgraded version of the media.
You can read more about HDCP here

premsharma

In the zone
techno_funky said:

It has been already discussed in another thread on LCD monitors that HDCP is gimmick. Samsung comes after Viewsonic, performance, features & cost wise. Though all of them [models discussed here] have TN panel and response time almost same [GTG], in addition viewsonic also have inbulit speakers.

VG 1912, VG 1921 & VG1939 all vide creen 19" and Viewsonic is the first one to launch 17" widesreen in India. It is available now.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Viewsonic,I m not sure about the model no. but probably be this one Viewsonic 1912wb 19".It has 2 MS response time & its a gamer's choice.Sure it has DVI port.Over all if it was there at my time,this one should be my pick.Currently i m having CMV CT-720D.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
My dealer told me that he wont be able to get a LCD monitor with DVI input.
So bought a LG L1732S TFT LCD Monitor.
Thnx to all u guys for ur help.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
assasin said:
My dealer told me that he wont be able to get a LCD monitor with DVI input.
So bought a LG L1732S TFT LCD Monitor.
Thnx to all u guys for ur help.

Well ur "dealer" is a true L-O-S-E-R.DVI port starts from 17" monitor upto the rest.Well what have u bought is no problem at all but if u can do 1 thing,then go & slap his face & tell him to surrender his dealership & return to his village & do farming again.Thats the best possible futhure for him!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom