need help in buying a graphic card.people into 3d and Maya help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_cash

In the zone
hi ppl
i want to buy a graphic card. i need it for maya, digital fusion, after effect,photoshop.
i have to work on maya vfx i.e particles,dynamics(it needs hardware rendering)
my budget is Rs5000

this is my present config.
Intel P4 2.8gz with H.T
915GAV Intel orignal mobo
1.75gb of DDR1 ram (planning to buy another 1gb stick and replace it with my 256Mb stick)
250gb+320gb sata hdd.
1 Sony DVD writer
1 LG CD writer
Colorsit Power Supply 400w- >>> i have posted about this at *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93744.

i am not planning on upgrading the whole system now.
and i know quadro is the way to go for applications like Maya but buying a quadro is not an option unless one comes for upto Rs5000.:D

i have some questions-
1. i have been told that if i am unable to use a quadro then i should just use any low end graphic card because a gaming graphic card will not help in maya.so buying a higher end card does not make sense,some have also suggested me to go for the 7XXX series card as they cost only rs2000.how true is it?? and now i am not into gaming that much.(time hee nahi hai)

2.i have heard a lot about 8600gt on the forum.but don't know about the ATI cards in my budget.so pls give some ATI models also.and i have heard it is better to go for ATI models for Maya because it helps in some way.how true is it???

so pls suggest a gfx card for my purpose and mention the price.also if anyone has idea how much 1gb DDR1 ram (prefrebly transcend)costs pls tell.
thank u.

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
ATI HD 2600 Xt can be soft modded to Fire GL, and it performs almost close to quadros of 20k+ range.
*www.thehardwarelabs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568
this is the best bet, but ull void the warranty.
but once it got working, ull be more than happy with the results as it performs far better than Quadro FX 1500.
2600Xt can be softmodded to FireGL V5600 which is more than 6 times expensive.
get the 512 MB version, either with GDDR3 or GDDR4.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
ATI HD 2600 Xt can be soft modded to Fire GL, and it performs almost close to quadros of 20k+ range.
but once it got working, ull be more than happy with the results as it performs far better than Quadro FX 1500.

+1

or u can get 3650 but this is way better for that kind of job

ancientrites

In the zone
5000 is too low.i prefer nvidia over amdati.the below ones may come closer to 5000/- pls dont count on me.

palit 8600gt 256 ddr3
evga 8600gt 256 ddr3
xfx 8600gt 256 ddr3
zebronics 256 ddr3
leadtek 256 ddr3

i dont know about amdati graphic card because i have never used it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Go for what dominator has suggested.
If you like nvidia & if you can spend Rs. 1500 more then go for Palit 9600GSO 384MB GDDR3 Edition.

That will better than 8600GT .

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

++1 . if u can do that , its the best. otherwise radeon 3650. dont consider 8600GT coz it runs rather hot and u're not into gaming.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
+1 for dOm1naTOr.
Dont buy the 8600GT. Instead of spending tons you can get this a mod it. And just be careful with it as modding it will void your warranty. But its a better option than buying something thats insanely expensive.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
@tango_cash
sry can't help you with professional apps.
8600GT for gaming. All I can recommend is to check for plugins and support for you app before buying.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hi ppl
i want to buy a graphic card. i need it for maya, digital fusion, after effect,photoshop.
i have to work on maya vfx i.e particles,dynamics(it needs hardware rendering)
my budget is Rs5000

this is my present config.
Intel P4 2.8gz with H.T
915GAV Intel orignal mobo
1.75gb of DDR1 ram (planning to buy another 1gb stick and replace it with my 256Mb stick)
250gb+320gb sata hdd.
1 Sony DVD writer
1 LG CD writer
Colorsit Power Supply 400w- >>> i have posted about this at *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93744.

i am not planning on upgrading the whole system now.
and i know quadro is the way to go for applications like Maya but buying a quadro is not an option unless one comes for upto Rs5000.:D

i have some questions-
1. i have been told that if i am unable to use a quadro then i should just use any low end graphic card because a gaming graphic card will not help in maya.so buying a higher end card does not make sense,some have also suggested me to go for the 7XXX series card as they cost only rs2000.how true is it?? and now i am not into gaming that much.(time hee nahi hai)

2.i have heard a lot about 8600gt on the forum.but don't know about the ATI cards in my budget.so pls give some ATI models also.and i have heard it is better to go for ATI models for Maya because it helps in some way.how true is it???

so pls suggest a gfx card for my purpose and mention the price.also if anyone has idea how much 1gb DDR1 ram (prefrebly transcend)costs pls tell.
thank u.

No way to increase your budget to 9k?? If you can, get HD4850. That's one heck of a card. Don't hurry.

acewin

Point Blanc
truly ATI card are better for rendering with maya and 3D Max.
I would suggest you Ati graphix card from sapphire for this work.
Be it HD3650 or 2600 series.

Also if you are thinking just of movies Ati would come up up better.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
@tango-There are so many people helping you out here since you started a thread. I don't understand the reason to PM a request to check the thread!

OP
tango_cash

tango_cash

In the zone
thanks for the help everyone.
any idea about price of 2600xt and 3650???

thanks for the info dude.btw which are the companies who sell ati cards, and which one should i go for.(if any specific model).
how is the ATI HD 2600 Xt in comparison to 8600gt in terms of there performance(in games)??

Last edited:
OP
tango_cash

tango_cash

In the zone
here are the prices

2600 PRO 512 MB= 2950/-
2600 XT 256MB = 5100/-
3650 512 MB DDR2 = 3500/-
3850 512MB DDR3= 5900/-

Mercury 8600 GT 256MB RAM DDR3 =2400/-
XFX 8600 GT 256MB RAM DDR3 =4450/-
8600GT 512 MB DDR2 = 3400/-

1GB DDR1 transcend ram(tetra pack)= 1500/-

so which one you people suggest.
how is mercury card.i can buy both ram and the mercury card in 3900/-:razz::razz:.but not sure about it's quality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom