Need help abt buying PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalyan

Journeyman
Hi all..

My pc config is in my sig.. I bought the 8600GT 256MB recently. But I am using it with my 400W stock PSU given with the cabby. So far, the games are running good on high settings. I havent encountered problems. The temperature is nearly between 60-70 for the GPU. I am planning to get a new 1GB 800MHz RAM for my pc. Do I need to upgrade my PSU? Would I get any problems with the 400W one or could I continue with this setup? If I need to, Please suggest me which PSU would be better for me?

I enquired the shopkeeper and he showed the zebronics 500W one for 2300. He didnt have 600W ones. He had some 550W ones also but I dont remember the price he quoted. How much would the PSU cost? Please suggest..

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Yes go for Zebronics 500 watts,it's enough for your system.The price the dealer gave you is right.Don't look for 600w it will be a waste of money.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
why bother if ur current psu is managing well ? a better psu is always better but i dont think ur current psu can do harm . . get a new one , if something appears to be "not rite" .

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Its better to upgrade ur PSU as ur system seems a bit heavy on power. A Zeb 500W platinum is more than enough for ur rig. But the price quoted is a bit high. I bought Zeb 500W platinum 3 months back for 1850/- incl tax. Its enuf for cards upto 8800GTS 320MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom