Need for Speed Underground 2 - Installation help required!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
Hi!

I have the ORIGINAL copy of NFS Underground 2! I was installing it and after 100% it gives me an error that a file called sdat.viv cannot be copied and I have to uninstall the whole game! I have to cancel the installation process! It installs well in my cousins computer! My computer specifications are good and latest! So, I am sure its not a problem with my PC.

Can someone please tell me what to do?

Thanks.

ankit_biz

Broken In
is that cyclic redundancy check error??coz i seem 2 hav heard of sdat.viv not being copied...only dont know in which case. pls reply

rohanbee

Padawan
A friend of mine abroad had the same problem and this is what he said--

sdat.viv file is not so important to play the game if you get an error in the installation just pres alt+ctrl and delete so that the game does not uninstall automaticly and you can play the game..

see if this solution works for you.................its better than no game at all...

OP
nagarjun_424

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
Rohanbee: I will try it out and tell you if it works! Thanks for the suggestion.

ankit_biz: I dont know why it happens but, it just does not copy. Please reply with suggestions.

OP
nagarjun_424

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
Rohanbee: The idea does not work! Thanks any way. Is there any other method?

Ankit_biz: It gives me an error that SDATA/sdat.viv cannot be copied. It also has two buttons i.e. Retry and Cancel. I keep retrying but it does not work!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
HELLOOO

Try copying the file previously into the folder of installations (COPY IT FROM THE CD)
I HOPE IT WORKS AS NFS U2 Is a Rockin' game :idea:

also if that doesnt work, try makin a virtual copy and installing , its legal as u have the original - u say so ...

di9it

thinking di9it'al
In NFS UG2, sdat.viv is an important file as u cant play game without this file.
Setup shows this error msg coz it is unable 2 copy it from CD. May b it is due 2 the some scretches on the CD.

U may try Minimum Installation in Advanced Settings while installing the game. During a minimum install, sdat.viv is not copied to the hard disk.

In this case, the game might run well but in some cases it may crash to ur desktop...:!:...

jamsus

Broken In
Use UltraISO or MagicISO to extract sdat.viv file from disk.

I bet u have torrented copy of game and if it is than u have the disk image, so open the disk image with UltraISO to extract that file.

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
Bump.

@jamsus :- Kindly see the post date. It is fours year old. I'm sure author would have solved his problems and moved on to ug2 , mw ,carbon(Yuck!), prostreet(Yuck!Yuck!),Undercover (Yuck!Yuck!Yuck!).

jamsus

Broken In
@RaghuKL :- I suggest u to kindly see the date of post which is made by di9it , the date is 21-03-2009. I replied to him only.
If u still think that this post is 4 years old then what hell made u post in this thread?

FATAL1TY01

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys this SDAT.ViV.This file 250 MB me 2 part to RapidShare on upload.Good Luck. *rapidshare.com/files/235648436/sdat.viv.part1.rar *rapidshare.com/files/235608624/sdat.viv.part2.rar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom